Rydah J Klyde - My Presence Is A Present [Album Stream]

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

_A1_

Sicc OG
Aug 26, 2014
I come from the era of hard copies but digital is just more convenient imo. Not sure what the advantage is to hard copies nowadays. It's just gonna cost the artist money they aren't gonna recoup from hard copy sales since very few people buy hard copies anymore. Regardless, I'm lookin forward to listening to this. Rydah makes good music.

May 2, 2018
I come from the era of hard copies but digital is just more convenient imo. Not sure what the advantage is to hard copies nowadays. It's just gonna cost the artist money they aren't gonna recoup from hard copy sales since very few people buy hard copies anymore. Regardless, I'm lookin forward to listening to this. Rydah makes good music.
CD sales are still a major factor in music especially independent rap. They account for majority of sales, most loyal fans of an artist want a physical copy for their money's worth, very few people actually pay for a digital download when its readily available for free DL or streaming. And streaming services pay pennies, you literally have to get like 40 million streams on an album to make a few grand.. But rappers who dont have a huge following wont press cds up anymore because they are not good enough at their craft to sell 1k units (sad) and are too cheap to pay a couple hundred bucks to press up hard copies. They rather buy drugs with the money. Bigger artists still press CDs like mozzy j stalin philthy etc.

If an album is hard copy and it's good I'll buy it.
If its digital only I'll download it for free.

Apr 4, 2015
CD sales are still a major factor in music especially independent rap. They account for majority of sales, most loyal fans of an artist want a physical copy for their money's worth, very few people actually pay for a digital download when its readily available for free DL or streaming. And streaming services pay pennies, you literally have to get like 40 million streams on an album to make a few grand.. But rappers who dont have a huge following wont press cds up anymore because they are not good enough at their craft to sell 1k units (sad) and are too cheap to pay a couple hundred bucks to press up hard copies. They rather buy drugs with the money. Bigger artists still press CDs like mozzy j stalin philthy etc.

Lol that was harsh

Mar 11, 2013
X-raided n Mozzy has large distribution deals and they still sell CDs ...You couldnt tell me that if you aint pushin you aint sellin...I bet Rydah has lots of fans too...

_A1_

Sicc OG
Aug 26, 2014

According to Nielsen's 2017 year end report, only 11% of all album sales for the rap/hip-hop industry were physical sales. For the industry itself, it's a fact that physical sales are a small portion of album sales. I understand independent rap words differently but the days of hustlin tapes and cd's out the trunk are pretty much gone imo. Not tryin to argue here, but my point was that as someone who comes from the old school I don't care if the artist pressed up physical copies or it's just a digital release only. I'm gonna listen to the music digitally regardless so if I buy the physical copy, I have to rip it into itunes to throw on the ipod anyways when I could just buy a digital copy that I can slap right on the ipod. It doesn't matter to me if the artist spent a couple hundred bucks to press up physicals. It's really about the quality of the music itself. My process for buying an album is this: I always download a copy of the album regardless of release format, listen to it and buy it if I like it. I've bought too many albums that were trash so I screen them first. Any album can be downloaded for free but I choose to support the artist if the album is worth it regardless of the format of the release.

Apr 4, 2015
According to Nielsen's 2017 year end report, only 11% of all album sales for the rap/hip-hop industry were physical sales. For the industry itself, it's a fact that physical sales are a small portion of album sales. I understand independent rap words differently but the days of hustlin tapes and cd's out the trunk are pretty much gone imo. Not tryin to argue here, but my point was that as someone who comes from the old school I don't care if the artist pressed up physical copies or it's just a digital release only. I'm gonna listen to the music digitally regardless so if I buy the physical copy, I have to rip it into itunes to throw on the ipod anyways when I could just buy a digital copy that I can slap right on the ipod. It doesn't matter to me if the artist spent a couple hundred bucks to press up physicals. It's really about the quality of the music itself. My process for buying an album is this: I always download a copy of the album regardless of release format, listen to it and buy it if I like it. I've bought too many albums that were trash so I screen them first. Any album can be downloaded for free but I choose to support the artist if the album is worth it regardless of the format of the release.
Pretty much my approach to this physical/digital thing as well. You have to keep up with the times and ways people consume music nowadays. Probably the reason why so many musicians, not just in rap, are diversifying into other types of media and hustles besides putting music out (podcast, sponsorships, clothing just to name a few).

May 2, 2018
Dont know where you guys get this information from but CD's and vinyl are in high demand right now and are outselling digital music. Dont believe these rappers lies they're just either too cheap to press physical media or dont have a big enough fan base to sell records and their albums end up in the bargain bin

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/03/23/cds-vinyl-are-outselling-digital-downloads-for-the-first-time-since-2011/?outputType=amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bgr.com/2019/03/03/cd-sales-vs-streaming-itunes-report/amp/

This is just 2 links of many articles

Props: TJ95100

_A1_

Sicc OG
Aug 26, 2014
Both of those links are talking about the music industry as a whole and I was referencing the rap/hip-hop industry specifically. It's all good though, I don't especially want physical copies to die or anything lol I just find the digital format more convenient. Also, vinyls are a different story altogether like I don't see those ever being completely phased out but cd's I could see being phased out at some point.

Props: Thizzlejuice

STAFF WRITER

Mar 30, 2019
Los818Angeles

in the last year..

dru down
spice 1
suga free
husalah
ryda j klyde
erick sermon
dj quik + problem
brotha lynch

all didn’t press copies of their latest albums .. damn shame

May 2, 2018
in the last year..

dru down
spice 1
suga free
husalah
ryda j klyde
erick sermon
dj quik + problem
brotha lynch

all didn’t press copies of their latest albums .. damn shame
Husalah was supposed to. They had a release date for hard copies a couple weeks after the digital and it never happened. My local record shop even told me they're expecting them and they never pressed any up. But artists with more buzz stay dropping cds. Hell even mozzy dropped gangland landlord on vinyl! And they ALL sold out.

STAFF WRITER

Mar 30, 2019
Los818Angeles
Husalah was supposed to. They had a release date for hard copies a couple weeks after the digital and it never happened. My local record shop even told me they're expecting them and they never pressed any up. But artists with more buzz stay dropping cds. Hell even mozzy dropped gangland landlord on vinyl! And they ALL sold out.

weak...i didnt listen to the husalah cd but definitely woulda copped a hard copy.

snoop just dropped a new album and still no hard copies.....pathetic for a rapper of his caliber.