Rumor: Nas, Common and Q-Tip forming a super group called “The Standard"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
Rappers Nas,Common and Q-Tipare rumored to be forming a super group called “The Standard”. Originally the group was only to include Common and Q-Tip. No word on an album just yet.

Just a some rumor floating around on some internet sites for a while, wonder if its true because it would be pretty dope.

Jan 12, 2006
I remember making a thread a few years ago when Nas was about to get worked by kelis over child support and divorce money. I called it, I said all nas fans should be happy because that meant he was going to have make music for a lot longer then he planned to,since he has already grown accustomed to a certain lifestyle. I bet if nas was still married he wouldn't be working on half these projects. Reminds me of Kobe and his divorce, I bet Kobe is also going to play b ball a lot longer then he planned to now that he got worked for half his money.

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
lol @ how they always call this kinda shit a 'super' group and then the album always ends up being weak as fuck

Nov 7, 2006
besides slaughterhouse and westside connection when has it ever worked? all these rappers are used to being front runners so it wont work. but if it happens i'll give it a shot. no point on being negative about it until we know it's bad.

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
besides slaughterhouse and westside connection when has it ever worked? all these rappers are used to being front runners so it wont work. but if it happens i'll give it a shot. no point on being negative about it until we know it's bad.
In my opinion Slaugherhouse or at least the album wasnt very impressive either, just some dudes trying to be super lyrical. I think Random Axe did a way better job in that case.

Guess we gonna have to see what happens, but at least Nas & Common together can be pretty dope, I don't care much about Q-Tip tho.

Nov 7, 2006
In my opinion Slaugherhouse or at least the album wasnt very impressive either, just some dudes trying to be super lyrical. I think Random Axe did a way better job in that case.

Guess we gonna have to see what happens, but at least Nas & Common together can be pretty dope, I don't care much about Q-Tip tho.
I persoanlly loved the slaughterhouse album but i do know not alot people didnt. yeah i'm not too into q-tip either but he is a nasty lyricist and you know if this was to happen it would bring out the best in all of them since they're all considered top MC's of the game.