Roy Jones vs. Antonio Tarver, *REMATCH*

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 24, 2002
www.sovereign-records.com
yea don king won the purse bid for this fight. don stated that thsi card will be the biggest card in boxing history . i wonder who else he gunna get on the card? lately king has been puttin together some good cards. we'll see wut happins..but yea roy is gunna look better then he did last time against tarver

Oct 31, 2003
ROY aint ever beatin TYSON never ever ever.......anyone who thinks roy can beat TYSON dont know shit about boxing ROY is a little nigga compared to tyson and i dont care what condition tyson is in he aint gonna loose to ROY ever u gotta be bigger theyn tyson to beat him

Nov 27, 2002
only reason roy looked back last fight is cause he had to drop all that weight he had gained an tyson may be able to over power roy but as every good fighter knows it aint the power its the skill an ive seen plenty fights in the streets an in rings were lil guys have knocked the shit outta bigger n stronger fools

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
LOL!

Roy will always have problems against a fighter like Tarver.
It's a bad match up of styles for him, it favors Tarver big time!

Look for Tarver to knock him out if he manages to give Roy less respect this time around....

Apr 25, 2002
why are fighters so scared to go with the right against roy...
go with the straight right on him...then the left hook...

and you can't stay too far away from him, cus that gives him too much room to push you around...
roy's a guy you gotta side step...
he's beatable...
i think boxxers are just too scared of him

B

Blackjack 1577

Roy struggled a lot in tha last fight cause he had to drop all that weight and it took away his speed and combinations. But this time he's gonna come a lot more prepared and fight better. But we'll see what happens, this should be a good fight regarless...

Jun 28, 2002
Roy is gonna put hands on Tarver. If you noticed Tarver couldn't handle Roy in the middle of the ring and it was only when Roy got tired and went to the ropes ON HIS OWN because he was tired from the sudden loss of weight, did Tarver do any damage.

Tarver convincingly beat Roy for the firt three rounds and then did nothing for the final 9.

Roy is gonna give Tarver fistic tattoes in bunches on that next fight.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
YOUNGMOE said:
why are fighters so scared to go with the right against roy...
go with the straight right on him...then the left hook...

and you can't stay too far away from him, cus that gives him too much room to push you around...
roy's a guy you gotta side step...
he's beatable...
i think boxxers are just too scared of him
You know your boxing bro.
All Tarver had to do is bring in that straight left behind his jab and it would've been good night for Jones. (Tarver's a lefty).
Jones was open for the straight left the whole night cuz Jones was so focused on Tarver's right cross.

Tarver has his number, lets see if he has the balls to finish him off this time around....

Jun 28, 2002
One thing you have to remember is that Tarver's strongest punch is his right and he is a conventional stanced fighter and not a southpaw, so to throw a left would be very awkward and would leave him open for a power punch coming from the rightside by Roy.

If Tarver were a southpaw throwing the left would make sense, but he isn't so if he did he would be in a world of hurt.

He stayed away from Roy's right on purpose because both fighters would have been at a disadvantage throwin alot of lefts and the only time that makes sense is if Tarver were able to catch Roy flush and stagger him with a right and then come back with a left. Roy is too smart and too fast to allow that, plus Tarver had plenty of opportunities to hit him with any shot he wanted to everytime Roy went to the ropes and let him throw as many shots as he wanted. He caught Roy plenty of time, but couldn't finish the job.

Tarver doesn't have Roy's number and the only one who came close to it was Bernard Hopkins and that was more than ten years ago.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
So you're saying that Tarver is a conventional fighter?
Or do you mean that he's naturally a right handed fighter but fights in a southpaw stance?
I think that's what you're getting at, either way the man can punch with the left.
I agree, his best punch is the right cross but he can pop with the straight left as well.

Tarver didn't listen to Buddy's instructions the first time they fought.
He would've knocked Roy out if he had only listenned. There was numerous times when he had Roy on the ropes but was reluctant to throw anything.
Roy was reduced to throwing very few straight punches and very few in between.
It's all in the styles, Tarver is a taller fighter with better reach and a very good jab.
Roy lounges with his punches and thus a guy like Tarver will stop him in his tracks every time with a simple jab. We saw Winky Wright do the same to Shane Mosley.
Its a very similar match up, the only difference was that Winky went after Shane and Tarver didn't.

So like I said earlier, this fight comes down to Tarver's will and determination.
How bad does he want it?
He was stopped by Eric Harding but came back with determination and destroyed him in the rematch. Maybe he'll do the same with the Jones rematch.
We'll see, it will be a good fight regardless....

Aug 5, 2002
Let me tell you about the last fight that nobody really knows:

In the hotel suite, hours before the fight, Roy could hardly leave the bathroom he was vomitting so much. (He had to lose so much weight that he was on nearly a liquid diet)

He had physicians in his suite (the whole camp was there) monitoring him and hydrating him through IV's cause he was so bad.

ALL of the physicians told him he is in no condition to fight and it is to his best health interest to cancel the fight.

Roy told them, that know way he was gonna do that, cause so many fans came to see him do his thing, and he was gonna give them what they came to see.

If that's not heart, I don't know what is.

Believe me, he's out to squash any mentions of "Tarver should have won" or "Tarver has his number".

Roy by KO !!!