roy jones junior vs john ruiz

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2002
Jones and Ruiz camps are going to get together at the HBO offices to try to hammer out a deal. I would take Jones by decision if they fought. Also I think it would be a very ugly fight, hardly watchable, running and holding for 12 rounds. Forget this though we got Tapia vs. Barrera and Ward vs. Gatti II and Ayalie vs. Morales all in November to make up for an off month of October.

May 14, 2002
eh worm,you peeped ricardo williams stepping up against terron millett....i dont know if i would have took a fight like that just yet.....personally i think roy would lose to ruiz,simply cuz i see ruiz bulldogging him in to the ropes and landing shots roy has never been hit with before by a two hundred and forty pound man,i just dont think roy could ever get ruiz respect with his punching power........roy better just fight antonio tarver and then possibly try to fight jirov,who i think roy would have some problems with due to his size and punching power(i still got roy by decision in that one although an upset wouldnt surprise me either) .......another fight i would like to see is ouma vs olijade although it doesnt really make sense for them to fight each other now being the fact their both up and coming contenders at jr. middle.....DAMN,this was supposed to be the weekend pretty boy flloyd got sum get back against castillo.....oh well i can wait until december because november does have some possible classics jumping off..................

UGT

Sicc OG
Sep 15, 2002
roys a sav hes hella quicker and he dont hit like a pussy so id take roy hes gonna dance round that fool didnt offer a mill to fight tyson after lennox fucked him up
________
RoyalWhore

May 12, 2002
Jones has signed on the dotted line to the contract, and Ruiz has agreed in principal to all the terms of the fight. I know many myself included have dogged Roy for not taking on the toughest challenges out their, but he has stepped up to the plate in a big way. Granted Ruiz is not the best Heavy out there, but he is a legit big Heavyweight, and for Jones to go from being a small 175 pounder to fighting a Heavyweight champ is an impressive task.

E-Dubb, I think Williams is going out a bit with Millett, but I have seen Millett's last couple of fights and he looks to be on the decline, still gotta give Williams credit for going after a game fighter and former champ like Millett. Olijade has impressed me a lot.

May 14, 2002
ya,i just peeped that on fight news.......man,i just dont want to see roy trying to pick his self up off the canvas.....this isnt the old days of bob foster and archie moore where your fighting 200 lbs heavyweights,roy is at a serious disadvantage....i mean he's only 5'11" and probably only weighs 190-195 lbs at the most when hes not fighting and if he trys to bulk up it could factor into him losing some of the blazing speed......i would still rather see him fight tarver.................

May 12, 2002
Yeah I would much rather see Jones go after Tarver,Jirov,Calzaghe,Hopkins and Michalewski than Ruiz. These are all good fights for him around his weight. If Ruiz can catch Jones it could get ugly. Either way I think it is gonna be a real bad fight. Jones will probably only come into the fight around 195. I give the man credit though for once in the last couple of years he has put all of the talk aside and signed on the line.

May 8, 2002
BigE916WRM said:
Jones has signed on the dotted line to the contract, and Ruiz has agreed in principal to all the terms of the fight. I know many myself included have dogged Roy for not taking on the toughest challenges out their, but he has stepped up to the plate in a big way. Granted Ruiz is not the best Heavy out there, but he is a legit big Heavyweight, and for Jones to go from being a small 175 pounder to fighting a Heavyweight champ is an impressive task.
roy jones is no heavyweight and if the odds are right (at least 12 to 1) then i gotta take ruiz as much as i would like to see jones win

May 12, 2002
Yeah the weight difference is huge. I think Roy will be able to keep him off him enough with his speed to win a decision. But 12 rounds is a long time and we all have seen how Ruiz gets in a clinch. That will wear Jones down. Plus just the sure impact of a punch landing solid from Ruiz might put Jones out for good. Ruiz leveled Holyfield who I think has one of the best chins in the history of Boxing, just think what he would do if he caught Jones like that.