Roy Jones Jr. fight, September 25

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 5, 2002
IBF Light Heavyweight Champ, Glen Johnson vs. Roy Jones Jr.

Saturday, September 25

Memphis, TN

The plan is to reunify the Light Heavy division, starting with Johnson, then Tarver-Jones III !

Jan 9, 2004
Jones is going to be champ again.

Johnson making first title defense

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SportsTicker

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Roy Jones Jr. won't have to wait long for a chance to become champion again.

Less than three months after losing his title to Antonio Tarver, Jones agreed Tuesday to meet IBF light heavyweight champion Glen Johnson on Sept. 25 in the first sporting event to be held at the FedExForum.

Jones (49-2, 38 KOs) has been a world champion for the better part of a decade and earned titles in four weight classes. Nearly unanimously regarded as the top pound-for-pound fighter in the world prior to his fight with Tarver on May 15, Jones was knocked out in the second round and lost his WBC title.

Jones and Johnson (40-9-2, 27 KOs) both are 35 and reside in Florida but the similarities end there. Johnson needed 51 fights to win a title and will be making his first championship defense.

The fight will be televised by HBO

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
TARVER HAS JONES NUMBER. IF YAW INTO BOXIN', DO YAW RESEARCH. THESE FOO'S KNOW EACH OTHA SINCE THEY WAS CHILDREN. AND TARVER ALWAYS gOT THE BEST OF JONES. I AIN'T TALKIN' SHIT BUT STATIN' FACTS(AND I'M A JONES JR. FAN).

May 24, 2002
www.sovereign-records.com
EDJ said:
TARVER HAS JONES NUMBER. IF YAW INTO BOXIN', DO YAW RESEARCH. THESE FOO'S KNOW EACH OTHA SINCE THEY WAS CHILDREN. AND TARVER ALWAYS gOT THE BEST OF JONES. I AIN'T TALKIN' SHIT BUT STATIN' FACTS(AND I'M A JONES JR. FAN).[/QUOTEjones will never admit that though , he always says he beat tarvers ass back in the day ...

Mar 11, 2004
yea i think that tarver will always give jones problems, but that dosnt always mean that tarver will beat jones, i wouldnt call tarvers punch in the second fight lucky, but i think it is unlikly to happen again. and tarver is already cast aside, his flavor of the month is up. no one wanted to fight him because he priced himself too high, i mean for everyone that thought one punch was going to erase all of jones accomplishments you are wrong. jones will me the more active fighter going into the rubber match so i will give jones a decent edge over tarver.

Mar 11, 2004
"Jones is an old man...Tarver punked that bitch from the start"

they are the same age smart guy.......lol and tarver hardly punked jones. tarver will only be remembered for throwing ONE punch. that would be the punch that knocked jones out. jones im sure will be remembered for a bit more then that. you do the math.

Dec 25, 2003
Roy Jones is a uniquely talented fighter - not only one of the finest post-war boxers at any weight, but arguably one of the greatest pro fighters in history. After he fights Glen Johnson for the IBF light-heavy title on September 25, I think we'll see him in a marquee bout at heavyweight. But look what happened when Tarver connected with that dynamite left hook in the rematch. Now picture what a monster heavyweight could do to him.

Jun 24, 2004
I think Jones would really be alot more prepared for a heavyweight than tarver, cause he knows he cant take hits. Plus who right now in the heavyweight div could hang with JONES? Not many if at all any. Boxing is a dead sport right now, they have no marketable heavyweights.