Round 1: 2pac - all eyez on me vs. Notorious big - ready to die

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Which album is better?

• 2Pac - All Eyez On Me

Votes: 60 85.7%
  • Notorious BIG - Ready To Die

Votes: 10 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Sure, but tell me anything after that album did outside of a song here and there did and you're a damn liar.

I remember that era in music clearly and nobody was on 2Pac's dick as some kind of hip hop prophet until after he died. He went from a popular rapper to the Messiah of rap lol

He had a lot of good songs, don't get me wrong, I was a fan of a lot of his music, but most of his albums half the tracks were skipable.

It just makes me nuts when folks act like 2Pac is the greatest and was on some "he changed the rap game with his messages" bullshit when NOBODY was saying that shit until after he died.
I've never said he changed the game with message, if anything he did the opposite because when he was at the peak of his popularity and when he got killed, he had moved into a considerably more ignorant direction. Whether it was a deliberate decisions or he really moved in that direction mentally will never be known for sure, but it doesn't really matter when the impact of it is analyzed and it wasn't good - 2Pacalypse was an obscurity at that point and the depth of Me Against the World had not been paid much attention, instead the hedonism of All Eyez On Me was what was fresh in people's minds and this is what countless wannabes copied. As a result precisely those qualities in his music that made it truly great disappeared from rap as a whole. Of course, that was a much bigger trend, not his responsibility, but in the end he contributed to it.

Props: MRTHECOSE
Sep 3, 2002
Sure, but tell me anything after that album did outside of a song here and there did and you're a damn liar.

I remember that era in music clearly and nobody was on 2Pac's dick as some kind of hip hop prophet until after he died. He went from a popular rapper to the Messiah of rap lol

He had a lot of good songs, don't get me wrong, I was a fan of a lot of his music, but most of his albums half the tracks were skipable.

It just makes me nuts when folks act like 2Pac is the greatest and was on some "he changed the rap game with his messages" bullshit when NOBODY was saying that shit until after he died.

2Pac's message reached people BECAUSE the message was blended with other styles of music. If he was ALL conscious with no Party he wouldn't have the audience that he does /did. There are plenty of examples of this in rap today.

Plus, nobody acknowledges another man's skill without dulling their own. People wait til your gone to talk about you, it's human nature---get over it. Doesn't mean the man is not truly great.

Feb 10, 2006
pac, not even close. another overrated album from biggie imo. he was just average for me. i mean look at this album the ones that were good traccs were a remake tracc.

Feb 8, 2003
i somehow convinced my friend to let me borrow it the day it came out so i could dub it. i had the cd for half of the school day and i was the man lol

lol yeah most had the double cassette. I remember i bought teh cassette day it dropped then like two weeks later bought the cd. them was the goood azz days. i remember that and down south hustlers was the only double rap cd out at that time

Apr 25, 2002

You must've been living inside a box then

Feb 8, 2003
all of this talk about "2Pac had a message" and "2Pac changed the game" and all this other shit was NEVER said when he was alive. All that "message" shit only started after he died lol 2Pac was just a popular rapper when he was alive. After he dies people made him out to be some kind of hip hop prophet.

The most overrated rapper in history and would never even be in "greatest rapper ever" talks if he didn't die.
Thats not true bc Pac been always labeled one the most popular rappers since he dropped brendas got a baby video back in 1992 on the box and when he played in Juice. then he blew the fuck up in 1993 when he dropped i get around and keep your head up. you definately didnt grow up in the urban culture. everyone was bumping some pac. its just when he died it was a huge loss to the rap scene and to soem people its like the old saying you never know what you had till its gone.

pac is in the top best rapper there ever been. imma tell you why. bc he had the whole package of being a great and his distinctive sound can never be exactly duplicated those that tried was missing something or failed miserable. like take twista for example he gonna go down as one the greatest when its said and done bc his sound cant be exactly duplicated some tried but just cant do it. like snoop dogg, scarface, nas for example can never be duplicated. most these new rappers can all be duplicated bc they all use the same style and sound.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2003
Far as Biggie I like his shit but imo he not the greatest bc he didnt get a chance to become in his own and didnt have alot material bc he died too soon. but he was on his way i think if he wouldve been around to dropped another album following life after death then that wouldve showed his progress as an artist. i always say him and BIG L got the shittiest ends of the stick. bc pac and others that passed was album to drop more then two albums and solid body of work while big l and biggie was taken out before they even dropped second albums.

but on some real shit i think pac and big and some friends around knew they was marked for death. bc remember some pac friends told him do not go to that after party and to stay at the telly and also biggie friends told him dont go to cali and to go back home a day early instead of attending that party.

Last edited:
Props: S.L.A.B