Romo reportedly makes homeless man's day with trip to movies

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 10, 2007
Tony Romo made one man very happy, and it had nothing to do with throwing touchdowns.

Tony Romo

Romo

The Dallas Morning News reported on Wednesday that the Cowboys quarterback took a homeless man to the movies recently.

The man, who goes by Doc, was outside a theater in in Dallas when a man came up and offered to pay his way to see a movie. Planning on passing out fliers for a consignment store across the street, Doc declined. But then he realized that he had just turned down Romo.

He ran across the street, asked for the day off and ran back to the theater. Romo and Doc ended up sitting together watching the movie "Role Model." Doc told the newspaper that he informed Romo that he hadn't showered in days.

"Don't worry about that," Romo said, according to the newspaper. "I'm used to locker rooms."

Romo reportedly also changed the tire of a couple on the way home the night of the season opener and showed up to a high school pep rally with actor Will Smith earlier this week. He confirmed the encounter with Doc but wouldn't elaborate.

This latest gesture really impressed Doc.

"For me, it was a blessing," Doc said. "It came at just the right time. It gave me some encouragement and faith in mankind. I just wanted to say thank you."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3714369

The first thing that came to my head was, what a loser. Has no friends so he takes bums to movies.. then I realized something else..

The man, who goes by Doc

Could it be Dwight "Doc" Gooden? hahaha

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3714369

The first thing that came to my head was, what a loser. Has no friends so he takes bums to movies.. then I realized something else..

Could it be Dwight "Doc" Gooden? hahaha
ahh, a 49er fan with gay thoughts about tony romo and doc gooden in his head.

anyway, he'll also make your season worthless come sunday. as if it's worth anything right now...

Jan 28, 2005
lol @ ya'll hating on Romo for helping out the less fortunate.

Haters. That's what you are.

If I had his kind of money I'd do stuff like that too.

and at the end of the day, I'm thinking ya'll would rather have Tony Romo roll by yo momma if she had a flat tire than pretty much any other football player in the league...

because obviously there's not many NFL players out there that would help her.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
lol @ ya'll hating on Romo for helping out the less fortunate.

Haters. That's what you are.

If I had his kind of money I'd do stuff like that too.

and at the end of the day, I'm thinking ya'll would rather have Tony Romo roll by yo momma if she had a flat tire than pretty much any other football player in the league...

because obviously there's not many NFL players out there that would help her.
helping out "1" less fortunate, he spent less than 20$ why is that so generous?

u dont have to have his kind of money to do this.......

Dec 9, 2005
^ Thats true. I once gave a bum on Golden Gate in The City a plate full of food, estimated value upwards of $30, and guess what he did ?

Placed the food on the floor, and continued to walk in between lanes and ask for change.

No love for bums, its a new movement that I'm hoping to spearhead.

Dec 9, 2005
And that was actually not the first time I had given a hobo a free handout. I did the same for a different man on South Van Ness, and this man actually took the food...but then proceeded to ask me for a dollar to buy a tall can Arizona to go with the meal.

The nerve of these street people !

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Romo's a good down to earth dude... for that I wish him success...

Chree is shakin' in his boots because his boy Nasty Nate is finna give up another TD this week.

Jul 23, 2003
fuck a bum! get your shit together & get a fuckin job! i can't stand white bums it's like wtf are you stupid you're a cracker cracker! anyways romo's a fool for doin some shit like this but whatever more power to his goofy ass.

Jan 28, 2005
fuck a bum! get your shit together & get a fuckin job! i can't stand white bums it's like wtf are you stupid you're a cracker cracker! anyways romo's a fool for doin some shit like this but whatever more power to his goofy ass.
...What the fuck difference does it make the homeless person's ethnicity?

Being homeless has to do with economics and other psychosocial elements of a person's life.

You're a straight up fuckin' uneducated idiot.

And what makes Romo a fool for taking a homeless man to see a funny movie? Dude obviously didn't have the scratch to see it on his own. I gave a man a ride up Gratiot waiting on the bus cuz I knew we were going the same way. Its just a random act of kindness.

Jul 23, 2003
i didn't mean he's a fool like he's stupid i meant ha he a fool for that one. and ethnicity does make a fuckin difference cuz white people have it better than every other ethnicity. a fuckin white bum who was born in this fuckin country can easily clean himself up & go get a fuckin job & start his climb back up.