Rod Woodson Rumor on Retirement

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
If you go to the Fans In Black message board there is a rumor of Rod Woodson retiring. It is all linked up to a Shannon Sharpe interview where Rod Woodson told Shannon Sharpe that the two of them should retire together. If this is the case then shit we need a safety. Gibson is not cutting it and neither is Doorstep...i mean Dorsett. This could change our draft strategy...u never know.

http://www.fansinblack.com/forum/forum.php?az=show_thread&forum=100&thread_id=64343

May 6, 2002
^^^ sorry hommie but Gibson and Dorsett dont play the same saftey position as Woodson.. but I do agree, that we need to find a replacement for Dorsett.. If woodson does end up leaving you'll find us trading down in the draft ofr sure.. I was kinda hoping that we would have picked up lynch.. but you know, "2 tears in a bucket"..

Apr 25, 2002
yea right!!!!!!!!!!!!! better then Roy Wiliams...............we will see how he is in the pros

but Williams is the best saftey in football these days, an to say a college kid is better is crazy

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
mExIcaNox4 said:
Sean Taylor thats who should get he supposed be better than roy williams

Have u lost yo mind mane??? Roy Williams is thee best safety in the NFL already!! Taylor should be tight but he wont be no R.W.!! Safeties like Roy dont come along very often!! the last that i know of is R. Lott!!! This ya boy Czar by the way!!! Guru Status!! GOT EM!!!

May 1, 2002
thats what i been hearing but we'll see

Sean Taylor

Height: 6-3

Weight: 225

40-Yard Dash: 4.45

Positives: Sean Taylor is an impact player who has a nose for the football. He has excellent size, great speed, and the cover skills of a cornerback. He has great agility, loves to punish opponents and does a fantastic job in run support... a big hitter! He's very aggressive and intelligent. Always seems to be in on the play.

He is an impact player in the mold of a Roy Williams from Dallas... only bigger and maybe a touch faster.

Negatives: Sean Taylor is about as solid as a safety can be coming out of college. I do not see any real weaknesses in his game.

Projection: This kid's hard-hitting style of play is going to make him a marquee player in the NFL. He should go early in the first round of the 2004 NFL Draft.

~ James Alder