Robbing or Looting in Hurricane Katrina?Is it Racism in your eyes.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 2, 2003
Let me know what you think I saw on CNN where they had blacks walking away with supplies to survive they called it looting but when whites are seeing taking things it is a need for them to survive but black or white in this situation they all need things to survive and it is not looting.

Nov 2, 2003
On Friday, Kanye West surprised viewers of "A Concert for Hurricane Relief" -- a live benefit concert that aired on NBC -- when he lashed out at President George W. Bush

and the government for racism against African American survivors of Hurricane Katrina.

West suggested that delays in providing relief to the people of New Orleans were deliberate, and that America was set up to help black people and the less fortunate as slow as possible.

"George Bush doesn't care about black people," West said during the live show.

West joined comedian Mike Myers on stage, where he refused to read the teleprompter, instead expressed his disgust for the way the media has portrayed some of the black people in New Orleans.

"I hate the way they portray [African Americans] in the media," said West. "If you see a black family, it says they're looting. See a white family, it says they're looking for food.

"We already realized a lot of the people that could help are at war right now, fighting another way, and they've given them permission to go down and shoot us."

The rapper was referring to the shoot-on-sight orders issued to National Guard troops to halt violence and looting in New Orleans.

NBC released a statement saying that West's comments in no way represent the views of the networks, and that he chose not to read the comments that were prepared for him.

"It would be most unfortunate," the statement read, "if the efforts of the artists who participated tonight and the generosity of millions of Americans who are helping those in need are overshadowed by one person's opinion."

The show was on a tape delay, but the person in charge of censoring was only looking for profane words and didn't know that West was not following his script, according to reports.

West's comments were edited out of the West Coast airing of the show, which was broadcast three hours later.

Cmoke

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
stealing anything except food, water and clothes, is looting....

this is not a racism issue.....its and issue of somone(bush) reacting to this like a total fuckin idiot.

and fuck...even the cops were gettn down on stealn shit...

Sep 28, 2004
Taking food and water TO LIVE.

I don't care if they're white, black, or polka-fucking-dot, a human being has needs and if people are trying to draw a thin line between looting and surviving based on color, they need to get a hard kick of reality checkage. Shit pisses me off when people are racist. This is a horrible situation, where the government fucked over its own people. Whether or not someone takes some bread/steals some bread should be their last concern.

Sep 7, 2005
Hey I found this site today when an Austrailian friend told me about how heated the race issue is in America. I told him that if the shoe fits wear it.

No one I know has anything against blacks but the thing that I find most annoying is anytime something falls short of worship the "RACE TRUMP CARD" gets played. We had to fire a guy because all he did all day was talk on his cell phone instead of helping our customers. The first thing out of his mouth was "you fired be because I'm black" Fact is, dude was more wrapped up in his life then doing his job.

Heres a site you should look at http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2005/09/africa_in_our_m.php

My friends in Candada and in the UK believe that blacks are way out of hand and the more they press the race issue the more likely that people will retaliate. I hope this never happens because we love people and blacks and understand how things can be tuff. I grew up poor myself and struggled to get to where I am but I made it against odds that people didn't like me because of my skin color.

Forum Rules said:
Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of The Siccness Network will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of The Siccness Network, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
I notice throughout your site there are thousands of reference against white people and pretty much everyone else that isn't black. Yet I see so many people offended by being racist.

I say this, if you're as racist as you are, can you honestly expect anyone to respect you when you dont respect others?

It seems like blacks have cried for too long about the color of their skin. Its time to put that to rest because indians have been inslaved longer than blacks and more of my people have been killed, raped, and inslaved than any other race in the US. Yet as a part Native American I don't make it a race issue when things don't go my way.

Honestly if the US wanted to destroy all blacks, the only thing they would have to do is cut off your welfare checks. You would starve inside of two months. Me as an Indian I get money from the government because I'm a Native American and this land belonged to my people first.

Spread love, not hate.
WhiteBread -- Native Pride

Sep 7, 2005
K.C.Assassin said:
Let me know what you think I saw on CNN where they had blacks walking away with supplies to survive they called it looting but when whites are seeing taking things it is a need for them to survive but black or white in this situation they all need things to survive and it is not looting.

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2005/09/africa_in_our_m.php

The dude with a trunk full of beer must be a main food staple then eh.

Dude you are so blind by race you can't see the truth for what it is. These people in New Orleans are taking advantage and stealing period. White, black, purple, blue, yellow means NOTHING. They are all thieves.

Native Pride

Nov 2, 2003
whitebread said:
http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2005/09/africa_in_our_m.php

The dude with a trunk full of beer must be a main food staple then eh.

Dude you are so blind by race you can't see the truth for what it is. These people in New Orleans are taking advantage and stealing period. White, black, purple, blue, yellow means NOTHING. They are all thieves.

Native Pride
I feel you on that but to call them thieves is out of hand they are trying to survive they lost everything,so what would you do in a situation like this,would you wait until the government came to support you and feed you by that time you would be dead.

Nov 2, 2003
whitebread said:
Hey I found this site today when an Austrailian friend told me about how heated the race issue is in America. I told him that if the shoe fits wear it.

No one I know has anything against blacks but the thing that I find most annoying is anytime something falls short of worship the "RACE TRUMP CARD" gets played. We had to fire a guy because all he did all day was talk on his cell phone instead of helping our customers. The first thing out of his mouth was "you fired be because I'm black" Fact is, dude was more wrapped up in his life then doing his job.

Heres a site you should look at http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2005/09/africa_in_our_m.php

My friends in Candada and in the UK believe that blacks are way out of hand and the more they press the race issue the more likely that people will retaliate. I hope this never happens because we love people and blacks and understand how things can be tuff. I grew up poor myself and struggled to get to where I am but I made it against odds that people didn't like me because of my skin color.

I notice throughout your site there are thousands of reference against white people and pretty much everyone else that isn't black. Yet I see so many people offended by being racist.

I say this, if you're as racist as you are, can you honestly expect anyone to respect you when you dont respect others?

It seems like blacks have cried for too long about the color of their skin. Its time to put that to rest because indians have been inslaved longer than blacks and more of my people have been killed, raped, and inslaved than any other race in the US. Yet as a part Native American I don't make it a race issue when things don't go my way.

Honestly if the US wanted to destroy all blacks, the only thing they would have to do is cut off your welfare checks. You would starve inside of two months. Me as an Indian I get money from the government because I'm a Native American and this land belonged to my people first.

Spread love, not hate.
WhiteBread -- Native Pride
You are silly race exist and you are blind to the fact,so if you are Indian what would you do if the gvernment took away the assistance he is giving to all Indians,do you think it would wipe out the whole Indian race.

Sep 7, 2005
I don't know if it would. There arn't as many indians as there is other races because the white government killed all my people and those they didn't kill they made us forget our native language and speak like a white man.

I know this. My people are almost gone yet we chose to live together knowing that most people respect us as I've experienced but some don't.

I don't have all the answers just that playing the race card for everything is foolish and in my opinion a way to cheat your way through life believing that someone owes me something when no-one owes me anything.

I'll do my best if I'm given the same opportunity as the next guy. And if I'm not then I'll create the opportunity.

Native Pride -- WhiteBread

Jun 27, 2003
Who cares if these folks are looting tho? Why not allocate your resources to getting the great MAJORITY of people who aren't looting to safety? Why spend so much time worrying about a televison here or there? The media is full of shit. Everybody is focusing on this looting "problem" even though not that many people are even looting. Even though a few people are; so what? Shouldn't the focus be on safety and getting these people out of there?

Nov 2, 2003
Yeah I feel you homie they should be worried about getting them folks out of there,thats whats wrong with the USA now they focused on the smaller problems instead of getting to the bigger ones.