RIP MIKE STARR

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 3, 2005
hopefully dude is in a better place now, kickin it with his buddy Layne. My buddy Travis (formerly of Second Coming) now lead vocals with Post Modern Heroes was a good friend of his. Dude was fighting alot of demons.

Jun 9, 2007
It seemed as though he had just accepted what he had become, and deep down he just wasn't able to pull himself out of it.

One of the greats. R.I.P.

Mar 18, 2003
This is truely sad. And I'm not just saying this because I think he's a good musician, or because I'm a fan of AIC. It's just so hard to imagine how people can live these tormented lives, battling such nasty drug habbits when they have so much going for them. Definitely one of the greatest bands of all time, as Nuttkase stated. When I read an article on it today I saw this and it gave me the chills:

The musician, who appeared on VH1's Celebrity Rehab and Sober House in 2010, displayed erratic behavior while battling a vicious heroin addiction on TV. He wore headphones most of the time, and said, "My singer dies, and the only way I can hear him is through this... It takes me back to when Layne was alive." In a pivotal episode of Rehab, Starr spoke with Staley's mother and apologized for not doing more to help her drug-addled son. "I wish I would have called 911, he told me if I did, he'd never talk to me again," Starr said. "I was too high. I got mad at him, I said, 'I'll just leave' and his last words were 'not like this.' And I just left. I can't believe that. I'm so ashamed." Staley was found dead of a lethal mix of heroin and cocaine in his Seattle apartment in 2002.
RIP Mike Starr & Layne Staley