RIP Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2003
i just flipped channels and they have a special on him on right now on MTV. imma make another comment about them bc i was basically alive through they whole rise and i can say they never used the white rapper gimmick and was always respected for staying in they own lane and doing they own style. the reason i wasnt really into them is bc back in the day when you bought tapes and albums you had to pick each weak outta like 6 or more releases and it wasnt no mp3 samples and i always picked other artist albums. but they paved the way for muhfuckas like kid rock etc who borrowed they style.

cali1

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2006
all the fine girlies are makin a fuss but I cant pay attention 'cause I'm on that dust.....Beasties was my 1st concert on the same bill with Public Enemy and Run-DMC.....May he R.I.P.

Apr 25, 2002
That is seriously an amazing duo for your "first ever tapes".

word up breh. my dad bought'em both for me one day. took'em home and listened while i played with my transformers. damn near the dopest shit on each coast at that time. and 2 totally different sounds.

LA Dream Team was like the pre-NWA LA sound. and Beastie Boys had damn near the most drug refrences in any album at that time.

Nov 24, 2003
According to breaking-news reports this morning from Rolling Stone and TMZ, Adam "MC" Yauch, co-founder of Grammy-winners and recent Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees the Beastie Boys, has died at age 47. Yauch is survived by his wife and daughter. As of this writing, it is unclear if his death is related to the cancer he was treated for in 2009.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/adam-yauch-dead-age-47-171332687.html

Sounds like it was the cancer.

It's tough to comprehend that he isn't 20-something anymore.

Nov 14, 2002
Rip. I think they were the first to put that reverse 808 sound on any tracc on Paul revere.
about 6 months ago i looped that paul revere beat and reversed it and made another beat from it.

i never did use it but i still got it.

i bumped LTI all the way through a day before he died.i was just trippin on how they rapped and sometimes and said shit that didnt mean nothin but they did it with a style that was soooooo dope!

RIP MCA

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
1986 me and my brother were visiting my grama and grampa in Palm Springs. They took us to Kmart and I got Licenced to Ill and he got Look what the cat dragged in. I remember listening to it in the car and my grama laughing at it.