Rick Rock beats = east coast? Fuck no!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 13, 2002
How come when everybody on here complains about 40's latest, they say Rick Rock is just trying to do East Coast beats?

That shit makes no sense, Rick Rock fucks with Futuristic Mob shit, doesn't sound anything like east coast beats...

Maybe that's because the East keeps FUCKING WITH RICK ROCK! He did "Change The Game", "Make It Clap" and hella other big records...he aint makin East Coast beats, the East is just rapping over West Coast shit!

Other than the classic sampled type East Coast beats, most East Coast shit is just 2-3 year old West Coast beats...

Listen to last year's big R. Kelly hits and such, then rewind back to 98 and listen to Quik's "Rhythm-A-Lism"...now listen to Quik's album from last year, and wait til next year and see how much shit they bit from that man...

oh and the Neptune's "Excuse Me Miss" remix bullshit ass song with Jay-Z was a wannabe "One Night Stand"...

Jun 23, 2003
I personally like the new 40 album. I think it amy be ahead of its time and take a while for peole to apreciate it. The more I listen to 40's new album the more I like it. The song with the mossie is tight shit.

Sep 13, 2002
i think the beats are boring and repatative. thats why i say east coast type beats. cause eastcoast use the same dammm sound over and over and over, take the insterments out of music and rap.\

40 came nice. but with those beats i just cant get into it

N

NOSTRIL KING

Rick Rock's got some fire when he sells beats to his commercial clientel...the beats he gives to C-BO are sub par.

May 20, 2002
www.myspace.com
RickRockit is tha shit. Just when you thought all his beats were tha same sounding, he went and did "Baby Give it to Me" wid Busta and Mariah Carey, and you didn't know that it was RickRock who produced it(some did), so don't act like his beats are tha same, cause they ain't. He can change up at any time on that ass. 40 picks out they own beats & C-Bo picks out his own beats, so don't say that he gives them mediocre beats, cause they tha ones pickin that shit out. 40 and alot of other cats slept on that busta/mariahcarey beat, but busta is tha one who wrote that catchy ass hook to it and made it a HIT! It's what you put to them dope ass tracks on top of them being slappers...............RickRock is dope hands downs.