rezhogs nominated for three nammy awards

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 25, 2003
www.myspace.com
For Immediate Release

Yakima, WA/September 3, 2008-Yakima's own native super group the RezHogs have been nominated for this year's Native American Music Awards. Coming off a successful year filled with shows and album releases the three nominations the RezHog's have received comes as no surprise to the Native American music community in which the RezHogs have established themselves as a creative force, that combines tales of their Rez with feel good music creating a product that is eagerly awaited by fans and their fellow artists alike.

The RezHog's are nominated for Nammy Awards in the following categories; Best Compilation, Best Pop Recording, and Best Short Video. For The Best Compilation nomination is the RezHog's Compilation album "The Native Hip Hop Hour" which features a number of artists that read like as who's who of native hip hop as well as hosting by the leader of the RezHog's movement Ryan Craig and Native Hip Hop superstar Supaman. For the Best Pop Recording the RezHog's album "The Outsiders" was nominated. This is widely considered a must have CD for any fan of native hip hop and is considered one of the best releases of The RezHog's to date. Rounding out the nominations is a Best Short Video nomination for The RezHog's "Drinking Song" music video. Both controversial and eye opening the "Drinking Song" addresses the problem of alcoholism that plagues Native American Reservations nationwide. The "Drinking Song" was directed by Miles "M.i." Aaron who was nominated last year as well for his work on native hip hop pioneer JSK's music video "Skin Is My Sin.
"

With plans to travel to this years Native American Music Awards which are being held in Niagra Falls, NY at the Seneca Niagara Events Center, the RezHog's don't only hope to leave with their well deserved Nammy awards but also to grow the awareness of their music.

To vote for the RezHogs please log onto VoteNative. com and vote for them in the following categories; Best Compilation, Best Pop Recording, and Best Short Video.

The RezHogs can be found online at Myspace. com/rezhogs

For all media inquires please contact Miles "M..i." Aaron at [email protected]