review cpw

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 13, 2002
IT'S ALL HEAT!
In my opinion, this is Jay Tee's best solo work yet. All the old school beats with Jay Tee spittin' over them will surely put this one in a class all its own.

3sixtygfx

Serving Snow at the Opera
Aug 21, 2004
Jay Tee's Masterpiece

Alright here's whats the deal with A Cold Piece of Work

The lyrics are hard, definitely some deep thinking involved, true player ass shit. Real life situations and its just real talk in general. Takes a step into the life of Jay Tee. My favorite excerpt from a song is:

"I'm always up because it's hard to sleep / a million dollar spot is hard to keep "

Z did an amazing job on the beats, most of the songs sound like remixed jazz songs (or entirely new, i don't know) but the beats are like Young Dru's "The Streets are Talking" in my opinion. The jazz feel is definitely what i have been waiting for as far as rap goes, I can't believe I was able to hear it hardest from Jay Tee first. I wasn't expecting that at all, maybe I was thinking the beats would be more free agent-ish.

My favorite:

1) Track 08 - In the Game
2) Track 07 - Remind Me feat. Young Dru
3) Track 11 - Pimpin' feat. Young Dru
4) Track 03 - Can't Figure it Out

I like all the tracks but those ones are hardest to me.

Apr 25, 2002
www.40ouncerecords.com
Honestly, I didn't know if people would like this album because it was way different than anything else I have ever done, musically. The lyrics were still the same, maybe even a little harder, but the beats were a different direction. I knew people would either hate it or love it, and so far I haven't heard even 1 negative comment. Much love to everyone that has bought this album.....

Dec 11, 2002
For those of us that have been fans for many years.. I'll tell you, this album was surprising.... all the old school beats with you spittin' over'em... it was like "whoa"... props to you for bringing somethin' fresh to some classic shit. All the people that I have introduced to the album have been nothin' but impressed.. real talk.

Jan 2, 2003
"I hope you learned how to wash your cunt / That hoe shoulda been cool with a hundred a month"
My favorite line off song #5 (Hot Persuit), a remake of Nas' "If I Ruled The world" It's Playa Jay Tee at his finest, goin hard on a hoe and her mother,

The only thing the CD needed in my opinion was a couple hooks done by Fingazz. I love hearing old school classics with the talkbox.

@ Jay Tee, I know it said you produced most of the Cd. Did you remake the tracks by ear, use the MIDI method, or bring in a player??? Cause those beats were super clean!!!
....By the way you were talkin about Joe-Loc, has he ever gotten down on a track with you on a track

Dec 15, 2003
INCHEZ said:
My favorite line off song #5 (Hot Persuit), a remake of Nas' "If I Ruled The world" It's Playa Jay Tee at his finest, goin hard on a hoe and her mother,
A remake of Nas? LOL. It's a remake of "Friends" by Whodini. "If I ruled the world" sampled "Friends".

Jay Tee, could you list the original songs you used for each track? I recognize most of them but can't quite put my finger on a couple of them.

And the only review you need is this is Jay Tee's best album IMO. With all the old school beats, the album has a feel to it. Some cool, laid back, go hard on a bitch type shit. I said it in another thread and I'll say it again, BEST ALBUM OUT THE BAY THIS YEAR!!! FUCK THAT, BEST ALBUM RELEASED PERIOD!!! This shit is already a classic IMO. Rating: 5 stars, mics, nutts....................

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
yeah i heard it on Northern Ridaz, IMO its his best since Golden State. Jay Tee on those old school beats ain't nothin nice!

I ordered the Jay Tee and the Young Dru yesterday, i can't wait!

Jul 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
ohhhhhhhh boyeeeeeee, this cdee is the BOMB!!! just got it today and i have to say that this album is the best bay release 2004. you can always rely (is that written correctly?) on jay tee!!! this cdee get 5 outta 5, not one track is wack...last album i got this year and it's the best i heard by far this year. keep up the good work jay tee...you're the leader of westcoast rap in my opinion!

respect, that album is indeed A COLD PIECE OF WORK- no doubt!

skreel!