Request : Loki 21 Gun Salute

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
Loki - 21 Gun Salute

1) "Prologue"
A decent beat produced by Loki to start the album with, I like the background instruments used. Loki comes coo on the mic, he talks about how he never really had a lot in life, but it was better than nothing. A short flow to start the album with, a coo song overall.

2) "Fuck it, Then"
A tight beat laid down by Loki and Speakeasy. Some typical Siccmade Muzicc type of lyrics spit from Loki, hardcore and on point. A good mixture of street lyrics and hardcore gangsta rap. A tight song overall, I'm feeling it.

3) "Gangster's Banquet" ft. Brotha Lynch Hung, Mae Gee
Phonk Beta lays down an ok beat, I've heard much better than this from him before. Loki starts it off on the mic with a solid flow. Loki spits another coo verse and then Lynch gets to grab the mic and spit a solid flow. I'm not feeling Mae Gee on the hook though, I don't like her voice that much, I think either Loki or Lynch would have made a much better chorus than her. A solid song besides the weak hook.

4) "John Doe's & Ho-Cakes"
The beat produced by Epic is solid, but not the best beat on the album. Loki comes solid on the mic. He talks about all the John Does trying to act hard, but being as fake as they come and gives a bit of a diss to them. A solid song, not the best on the album, but a coo song to bump.

5) "Diamonds on My Windshield" ft. Redbone
Phonk Beta lays down a solid laid back type of beat that fits the track perfectly, more of the typical Phonk Beta beats your used to. Loki comes solid on the mic, although I'm not feeling the first part of the song. I'm not feeling Redbone at all, I don't like her voice as she sings the last part of the song. It would be a good song if they would cut out the begginning and the end.

6) "Dim Episode" ft. Zagg
I'm not really feeling this beat done by Loki and Speakeasy that much. Some very dark lyrics on the mic on this song. Loki starts it off with a solid flow. Zagg comes next and spits some coo flows. I like the hook to the song a lot. The beat sounds better on the hook then during the verses. A solid song overall, I like it, not the best track on the album, but it has a good sound to it.

7) "Good Riddance"
I like this beat done by Speakeasy, it has a good slow pace to it that gives off a relaxing type of feel to it. Loki comes good on the mic talking about good riddance to men who lets girls run all over them. A solid song overall, I'm feeling it.

8) "The Edge" ft. Calico
A tight beat produced by Phonk Beta to get this song started. Loki hits up the mic for the first verse and he spits a tight one. Calico comes solid on the mic too spitting a couple of tight verses and he and Loki collab on the hook. This is a pretty tight song overall, it's one of my favorite songs on the album, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

9) "Me & the Bottle" ft. D-Dubb
Loki and Crookwood lay down a solid beat. Loki talks about being an alcholic and dealing with all the problems it has brought him. D-Dubb lays down those R&B background vocals on the hook nicely. A solid song overall, a nice change of topic and a real issue that faces a lot of people.

10) "Ugly Ducks"
This is a little skit thrown in. Lynch does some talking about girls who have the ugly duckling syndrome.

11) "Braggin Rights"
Brotha Lynch Hung lays down a coo beat for this song. Loki does a little talking about the ladies on this song, talking about what kind of girl he likes and how he has braggin rights with girls. Some funny flows right here on this song. I'm feeling it though, not like the rest of the album, but it's a funny change of topic.

12) "Once Again" ft. Loco Ricc
Daluca and Elemental lay down a tight ass beat for this song. Loki starts it off with some gangsta lyrics. Loco Ricc comes with the same type of tight lyrics with a solid mic style to go along with it. They talk about strapping up and heading for the streets to put in a little work. A tight song overall, I'm feeling this one to the fullest.

13) "(It Was) The Year of the Deuce" ft. Brotha Lynch Hung
Loki handles the production for this song and lays down a solid beat. Loki starts it off with two tight verses before Lynch grabs the mic and spits a tight flow of his own. I like the verse Lynch spits on this song more than the other verse he has on the album. Loki and Lynch rip up the mic with some strait hardcore gangsta lyrics. I'm feeling this song a lot, a tight track overall.

14) "The Memorial"
An appropriate beat laid down by Speakeasy. Loki gives a shout out to Michelle Mann on this song. He talks about how his friend is now at peace in death, but he has to continue on with all the hardships and emotions of life. A very good memorial song to his friend, very emotional lyrics from Loki. I'm feeling this song overall.

15) "Self-Portrait"
Speakeasy lays down a solid beat to finish off the album with. Loki gives a self portrait of his life, everything from birth to where he is now. It's a pretty good song to finish the album with, I'm feeling it.

Overall this was a solid release from Loki. There were some solid production on the album, though there weren't really any songs that had that outstanding production that makes you say, "Damn this beat is tight!" However, the production as a whole is good and each song has a very appropriate beat to go along with it. The features are good and most of them add solid work to the tracks they appear on. Loki himself comes with a collection of good songs. He changes up the topics on the mic, all while giving off that hardcore gangsta style on the mic. A pretty good release from Loki on his second solo album.

Overall Rating = 3/5

Dec 18, 2002
This cd is alot better than illigetimati...the real difference is the lyrics...hes alot smarter and spits the real on EVERY track. I dunno how blutarski came up with that 3/5 because this shits far better than an average release.