Rep Woodie in your RIP songs movement

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Nothing against woodie, he made some solid music...

But musically, he wasnt Jacka or Mac Dre.

Idk what hispanics are currently making music in the bay...do they rep the Woodie Rip's on their music?

dalycity650

Barlito's Way
Feb 8, 2006

Idk what hispanics are currently making music in the bay...do they rep the Woodie Rip's on their music?
I beg to differ. Woodie is and was what the Jacka and Mac see are, bay legends. Obviously you won't agree with that which is totally fine but, woodie has many classics and almost everyone I've grown up with (all races yes black brotha too) bumped woodie as much as any other bay rapper.

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Maybe my perspective is different being from sac, but woodie didnt get half the play that 40, dre, spice 1 etc got in Sac. The nortes listened to it, but it was by no means a go-to for other races

Lavoz

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2017
Rancho Cordova
Maybe my perspective is different being from sac, but woodie didnt get half the play that 40, dre, spice 1 etc got in Sac. The nortes listened to it, but it was by no means a go-to for other races
Juneonnabeat posted on instagram a month back or so
"Growing up, this nigga was the best"
And posted a pic of woodie.

Everyone got all excited except the essays. But it all depends where you grew up.

Jun 12, 2003

You ever heard a woodie album straight? He was a deep thinker very underated talented dope artist.. am sure most people wouldn't ever listen to it cause he was a Norte.. but peep his music it's dope af too me and I am not a Norte..he's definitely top 5 in Bay Area rap for sure.. word play delivery is dope check it out one time..

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Ive heard his music. Definately not in my top 5

But as far as people carrying him on their music, are the current day bay Mexican rappers doing it?
This thread just seemed like an odd request that the black bay rappers do it. My theory has always been, if your own people dont hold you down, why should someone else?
But thats why im asking if they do. I couldnt name 1 hispanic current bay rapper, so idk

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
Juneonnabeat posted on instagram a month back or so
"Growing up, this nigga was the best"
And posted a pic of woodie.

Everyone got all excited except the essays. But it all depends where you grew up.
I grew up in Highlands. Back then maybe people were playing the Highside shit too heavy to play woodie. Idk.
I only knew 1 person who was real into woodie, and he was from VNS. He showed me woodie, northern exposure, lowdown etc.

Its not that I dislike Woodie, its ok music. But i havent heard it since back then, and dont feel the need to play it today.

I also know a norte cat from Redwood City that raps. Hes never felt the need to put something regarding Woodie in his music.

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
I grew up in Highlands. Back then maybe people were playing the Highside shit too heavy to play woodie. Idk.
I only knew 1 person who was real into woodie, and he was from VNS. He showed me woodie, northern exposure, lowdown etc.

Its not that I dislike Woodie, its ok music. But i havent heard it since back then, and dont feel the need to play it today.

I also know a norte cat from Redwood City that raps. Hes never felt the need to put something regarding Woodie in his music.
People bump Woodie hella heavy in the South Bay

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
Thats my point tho. If Norte dudes from areas that were heavy into woodie arent feeling the need to RIP woodie on their songs, why is someone coming on to a messege board asking black artists to do it.

This whole thread is weird
But rappers that bump Woodie heavy do shout out Wood in their songs. I've heard hella songs from Norte rappers that rep Wood in their songs