Religious Debate

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Had enough unending religious banter?

• Yes, this shit is boring the hell out of me, ENOUGH!

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No, lets continue the debate, we're clearly getting somewhere...

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
Mar 9, 2005
I don't mind the occasional religious debate, that's fine. It just pisses me off that every time I check GOM theres atleast 1 new thread asking peoples view on a specific aspect of religion. Maybe we could make a single vital religion-specific thread and we can cram that full of our debating.

If you want to keep doing what you're doing, then thats OK - I could not and would not want to stop you from expressing your views on the topic. It's starting to sound like a broken record though, and I'm sure you could all spend your time doing something more constructive.

Mar 18, 2003
The only thing that bugs me about the religious conversation in this forum is that, the same people who are accusing the next man of being unwilling to step outside the boundaries of their beliefs and accept new knowledge (that might go against what he knows to be true) are the same people who are unwilling to show the same respect to others. What does it matter if a person is set in their ways? As long as this person will take with them what they have learned, they can and most likely will apply it to future expierences and conversations. There are things that I learned on here that I didn't understand for quite some time.

That of course and the use of Biblical scriptures and/or Religion as a means to refute or prove the existance of God. It's like trying to define a word by using the word you are trying to define. It will never work.

Aside from that I always like to read and discuss religion, and as long as the threads are distinguished from one another I could care less how many threads there are regarding this matter.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Hutch said:
I don't mind the occasional religious debate, that's fine. It just pisses me off that every time I check GOM theres atleast 1 new thread asking peoples view on a specific aspect of religion. Maybe we could make a single vital religion-specific thread and we can cram that full of our debating.

If you want to keep doing what you're doing, then thats OK - I could not and would not want to stop you from expressing your views on the topic. It's starting to sound like a broken record though, and I'm sure you could all spend your time doing something more constructive.
Spend our time doing something constructive like what? Making threads about how we don't mind the occasional religious debate and how we are pissed off when we see more religious debates instead of bing bang topics and micro evolution?

We don't need a single vital religion-specific thread. That is one of the gayest ideas ever suggested on this forum.

Mar 12, 2005
YEAH, I KNOW SCRIPTURE JUST LIKE SATAN DOES. DON'T MEAN I'M "TRYIN'" TO LIVE BY THE MORALS, gUIDELINES AND WILL OF (gOD).
THEN WHY EVEN QUOTE SCRIPTURE OR GIVE YOU INTERPRETATION OF IT?! HERE YOU CONTRADICT YOURSELF, BECAUSE YOU ARE SPEAKING THE SAME WAY YOU DESCRIBE ME!

Mar 9, 2005
HERESY said:
Spend our time doing something constructive like what? Making threads about how we don't mind the occasional religious debate and how we are pissed off when we see more religious debates instead of bing bang topics and micro evolution?

We don't need a single vital religion-specific thread. That is one of the gayest ideas ever suggested on this forum.
lmao, you really don't like me do you Heresy. Is it because I question your beliefs and point out the flaws in your logic? Have you realised that your religious banter is falling on deaf ears? Maybe you understand that your so-called evidence supporting the existence of God in no way proves his existence. I have to give you some credit though - to the extent of my knowledge, you have yet to resort to the 'prove he doesn't exist' argument (the last desperate act of religious followers).

Every time any thread is started concerning the big band and micro evolution, someone always jumps in with their whole 'God created it' spiel. I appreciate people trying to explain and discuss these processes based on reality instead of simply trying to provide all the answers with the phrase 'God did it'.

Mar 9, 2005
oh Stockton, lmfao - you have resorted to the last desperate act of religious followers - the 'prove he doesn't exist' argument.

Mar 9, 2005
hedge your bets, I like it. I suppose I've been agnostic for the better part of my life, I'm happy being an athiest right now though - pretty sure I've backed the right horse ;-)

(waiting for the imminent backlash...)

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
Stockton209SS said:
THEN WHY EVEN QUOTE SCRIPTURE OR GIVE YOU INTERPRETATION OF IT?! HERE YOU CONTRADICT YOURSELF, BECAUSE YOU ARE SPEAKING THE SAME WAY YOU DESCRIBE ME!
BULLSHIT. CAUSE I BASE ON WHAT I BELIEVE IN SCRIPTURE. DOESN'T MEAN I'M BIBLE THUMPIN' IT. IT MEANS THAT I HAVE KNOWLEDgE OF IT TO REFUTE LIES, DOgMAS, AND CONCEPTS MISTRANSLATED FOR PEOPLE SUCH AS YOURSELF. DO I READ MY BIBLE. NOT REALLY. I JUST KNOW SCRIPTURE. JUST KNOW I DON'T ADHERE TO YOUR SET OF WHAT YOU PERCEIVE AS YOUR FAITH AND REALITY. DOES IT MAKE ME A HIPOCRITE? HELL NAW. I AIN'T LIVIN' OR ATTEMPTIN' TO LIVE THAT LIFE. I AIN'T READY FOR IT. YOU ON THE OTHA HAND.......

Mar 12, 2005
EDJ said:
BULLSHIT. CAUSE I BASE ON WHAT I BELIEVE IN SCRIPTURE. DOESN'T MEAN I'M BIBLE THUMPIN' IT. IT MEANS THAT I HAVE KNOWLEDgE OF IT TO REFUTE LIES, DOgMAS, AND CONCEPTS MISTRANSLATED FOR PEOPLE SUCH AS YOURSELF. DO I READ MY BIBLE. NOT REALLY. I JUST KNOW SCRIPTURE. JUST KNOW I DON'T ADHERE TO YOUR SET OF WHAT YOU PERCEIVE AS YOUR FAITH AND REALITY. DOES IT MAKE ME A HIPOCRITE? HELL NAW. I AIN'T LIVIN' OR ATTEMPTIN' TO LIVE THAT LIFE. I AIN'T READY FOR IT. YOU ON THE OTHA HAND.......
Me on the Other hand, Am Trying to Live the Life. Throw Away Old Habits, and seek a new Life through Christ. So you think I'm the only Christian that can make myself at times look bad, you're the only one saying this, other than JMACLN, in the GOM forum. I know lot's of pastors, priests, and preachers that sometimes fall back into old habits, but then get back on their feet. If you aint Trying to live the life, don't interpret the Bible then. It doesn't make sense to quote Holy Scripture, yet not live the life. Look at what you said
DO I READ MY BIBLE. NOT REALLY
:dead: AY YAY YAY?!

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^THAT'S THE THANg, I READ WHAT THE FUK A WANNA READ. JUST CAUSE I'M A gANgSTA, I SHOULDN'T BELIEVE IN A CREATOR AND HIS WORDS? I HOLD SCRIPTURE TO BE TRUE. JUST CAUSE I DON'T FOLLOW DON'T MAKE ME A HIPOCRITE, ON THE CONTRARY, IT MAKES ME A SINNER AND TRUE TO IT. I AIN'T MAKIN' MY SELF HOLIER THAN THE REST. I KNOW I'M PRONE TO EVIL AND LETTIN' IT RIDE. BUT I KNOW SCRIPTURE TO BE THE ONLY TESTAMENT TO KNOW (gOD) AND HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM. THAT'S THE ONLY WAY WE KNOW THERE IS SUCH A THANg AS (gOD) AND HIS WAYS IS THRU SCRIPTURE. BUT AS I SAID, I'M HERE WITH WORLDLY DESIRES. I WANNA HAVE HELLA SCRILL AND TWO BITCHES SUCCIN' MY DIK AND ALL KIND OF SHIT THIS WORLD HAS TO OFFER. I'M STILL STUK ON FRUITS OF THE FLESH

ON JLMACN,
HE ALSO SEE'S THAT YOU AIN'T LIVIN' WHAT YOU PROFESSIN'. YOU QUIK TO DISRESPECT HIM AND LASH OUT EACH AND EVERY TIME.

Mar 12, 2005
ON JLMACN,
HE ALSO SEE'S THAT YOU AIN'T LIVIN' WHAT YOU PROFESSIN'. YOU QUIK TO DISRESPECT HIM AND LASH OUT EACH AND EVERY TIME.
I already Apologized, and if you read what I posted b4 I left last night, you'd understand why, I'll give you think link. I aint clowning on him anymore, you'er dwelling in the Past.

I HOLD SCRIPTURE TO BE TRUE. JUST CAUSE I DON'T FOLLOW DON'T MAKE ME A HIPOCRITE,
YES BECAUSE IF YOU BELIEVE SCRIPTURE TO BE TRUE, YOU'D BIND YOURSELF IN OBEDIENCE TO GOD AND HIS LAWS!

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^AND IF JLMACN WAS TO COME IN RIgHT NOW AND DISRESPECT YOU, YOU'LL COMMENCE TO START INSULTIN' HIM. THE PAST IS MONTHS OR YEARS, NOT JUST A FEW HOURS OR DAYS.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "YES BECAUSE IF YOU BELIEVE SCRIPTURE TO BE TRUE, YOU'D BIND YOURSELF IN OBEDIENCE TO GOD AND HIS LAWS!"

IS THAT WHY SATAN IS THE WAY HE IS? HE KNOWS, YET AND STILL. SO YOUR STATEMENT IS VOID.

Mar 12, 2005
EDJ said:
^AND IF JLMACN WAS TO COME IN RIgHT NOW AND DISRESPECT YOU, YOU'LL COMMENCE TO START INSULTIN' HIM. THE PAST IS MONTHS OR YEARS, NOT JUST A FEW HOURS OR DAYS.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "YES BECAUSE IF YOU BELIEVE SCRIPTURE TO BE TRUE, YOU'D BIND YOURSELF IN OBEDIENCE TO GOD AND HIS LAWS!"

IS THAT WHY SATAN IS THE WAY HE IS? HE KNOWS, YET AND STILL. SO YOUR STATEMENT IS VOID.
*shaking his head in disbelief* OH MY...This Guy. ARE YOU SATAN, ARE YOU AWARE OF WHAT GOD CAN DO TO YOU, THEN. THAT'S CHILDISH RIGHT THERE EDJ, WELL SO AND SO DID, SO CAN'T I. C'MON BRO!

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
lmao, you really don't like me do you Heresy.
Do I consider you a stand up kind of guy? No. If you were on the side of the road bleeding like a pig would I help you? Yes. Would I give you food if you were starving? Yes. Needed water? Yes. Do I see myself inviting you to dinner if you came to america? Probably not.

Is it because I question your beliefs and point out the flaws in your logic?
While you do question my beliefs you don't point out the flaws in my logic. What you do is give your opinion on why you believe I have flaws in my logic. Please, for future references, understand the differences.

Have you realised that your religious banter is falling on deaf ears?
Actually I would say it isn't. Just curious, if you look back at the length you have been here how many topics have been started by other people in hopes of asking you questions? Better yet how many times have others started threads and specifically named you in the thread? Now, do the same thing with me, and well you should be able to see where I am going here.

Your use of "banter" in describing what I do or how I post is far-fetched and unfounded, however no matter what the case may be, even if people do not agree with what I have to say I am still (for the most part) respected. Now, we may have a few sock-puppets such as yourself and morpheus stepping out of line, but I easily put you in your place and everything is back to normal. :cool:

Maybe you understand that your so-called evidence supporting the existence of God in no way proves his existence.
Hutch, what is my so-called evidence to support the existence of God? What criteria does one have to use to prove the existence of God? Do we have to pour milk in a cup, chant holy scriptures, and if it turns to blood God exists? Do we have to be able to test it STRICTLY by scientific methods, and is science the last authority or end all?

I have to give you some credit though - to the extent of my knowledge, you have yet to resort to the 'prove he doesn't exist' argument (the last desperate act of religious followers).
My goal is not to prove that God does or doesn't exist. My goal is to state what I am to state and if people want to listen I go further. If they DON'T want to listen I don't go further. My goal is to get people to pick up a book and READ and to change their lifestyle if they are living a life that may be detrimental to them.

Every time any thread is started concerning the big band and micro evolution, someone always jumps in with their whole 'God created it' spiel

This is false. I know for a FACT that I didn't reply to every evolution or big bang thread. In fact I made it a point not to (for the reason you listed.)

I appreciate people trying to explain and discuss these processes based on reality instead of simply trying to provide all the answers with the phrase 'God did it'.
God did it.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
Stockton209SS said:
*shaking his head in disbelief* OH MY...This Guy. ARE YOU SATAN, ARE YOU AWARE OF WHAT GOD CAN DO TO YOU, THEN. THAT'S CHILDISH RIGHT THERE EDJ, WELL SO AND SO DID, SO CAN'T I. C'MON BRO!
YOU MISSIN' MY POINT. YOU ACT LIKE IF I READ SCRIPTURE I SHOULD BE SOME DEVOTE CHRISTIAN LIVIN' THE LIFE OF PIETY. I KNOW I AIN'T, BUT THAT DOESN'T VOID THE FACT THAT I KNOW SCRIPTURE OR THAT MY SET BELIEFS ARE BASED ON HOW I INTERPRET THOSE SAME SCRIPTURES. BUT "I KNOW" THAT I AIN'T LIVIN' BY (gOD)'S WILL, AND ADHERIN' TO THE MORALITY SET FORTH. AND I HAVE STRESSED THIS BEFORE TIME AND AgAIN. THAT'S WHY I DON'T TRY TO INVOLVE MYSELF IN RELIgIOUS DEBATES OR SHOVE MY BELIEFS DOWN PEOPLE'S THROAT. DON'T MEAN I DON'T KNOW SCRIPTURE.