Reggae suggestions?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 22, 2003
Steel Pulse - Earth Crisis

One of my favorite reggae disc's. Shit is quality all the way through.

Here are some other dope reggae artists:

Black Uhuru
Pato Banton
Gergory Isaacs
Michael Rose
Peter Tosh
Wayne Wonder
and of course The Marley family members

May 11, 2002
If you like Dancehall, you have to check out the King: Beenie Man. I have been getting into some of Beenie's older music. He just released a greatest hit's with a DVD.

Apr 25, 2002
Peter Tosh > than all

Check:

TOK
Beenie Man
Bounty Killah
Vibes Kartel
Sizzla
Capleton
Barrington Levy
are all some of my favorite dancehall acts

Oct 30, 2002
Derek J said:
Steel Pulse - Earth Crisis

One of my favorite reggae disc's. Shit is quality all the way through.
That's a good album from Steel Pulse. Also people might want to check out the "Handsworth Revolution". It's their debut and a classic album.

Black Uhuru is also very good and has the same vibe in his music than Steel Pulse. Also Linval Thompson has the same touch in his music as well as Horace Andy and Johnny Osbourne.

From the dub side of the moon Augustus Pablo and Lee Perry are something that people should check out.

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
massive said:
That's a good album from Steel Pulse. Also people might want to check out the "Handsworth Revolution". It's their debut and a classic album.

Black Uhuru is also very good and has the same vibe in his music than Steel Pulse. Also Linval Thompson has the same touch in his music as well as Horace Andy and Johnny Osbourne.

From the dub side of the moon Augustus Pablo and Lee Perry are something that people should check out.
fuck it, just get the island anthology, and you'lle be set

Jul 26, 2002
Thanks y'all...i'm knockin that black uhuru "great train robbery" thats exactly the type of shit i was looking for. keep'em coming. peace

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Some others besides what was already said (all great suggestions too btw)....sorry if I repeat any ones already mentioned....

Freddie McGregor - I got a few of his cds (the guy has 20+ releases) but my favorites are Come On Over, Bobby Bobylon, and Big ship.

Bunny Wailer - Blackheart Man (Classic Reggae album), Liberation, Roots Radics Rockers Reggae

The Abyssinians - Forward (great album)

Junior Murvin - Police and Thieves...one of my favorite Reggae albums..

The Itals - Brutal Out Deh and Rasta Philosophy

Burning Spear - Man In the Hills, Hail H.I.M., and Resistance

Culture - Two Sevens Clash (another of my favs.), International Herb, Good Things and Harder Than the Rest

I like some newer Reggae artist but I am more of a fan of older artists like the ones above...

Hope you enjoy their music as much as I do...

Nuttkace