Recommend some death metal

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
I've never been a big fan of death metal, save for a few bands here and there. But lately I've been more into it. I've been listening to bands like Bolt Thrower, Vader, and Obituary in particular. So......

recommend some death metal.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Well they are one of the founding bands of the genre too and it's said that a critic talking about their sound made up the genre name "death metal." He was very clever lol.

If you want to check out their two best albums (IMO) download Human (my favorite) and Individual Thought Patterns (very close 2nd). I personally like all their albums though.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Cannabis Corpse

Cannabis Corpse is a band that was born in the summer of 2006 as a way to express our love of smoking weed and listening to Cannibal Corpse.

The tunes for the first album "blunted at birth" were recorded in Weedgrinders kitchen on a boss br 900 digital 8-track while slowly smoking away huge chunks of memory with the finest bud in oregon hill.

We did it in the hopes of creating a band that got you stoned with a sick oldschool death metal sound alone! We can promise you that every growl, every guitar riff, and every drum beat was done when we were completely obliterated on sweet sweet chiba.We wanted people to spark up a doober and follow along with the lyrics so they could be transported into a horrific world where you are not safe from getting your weed stolen by bloodthirsty zombies or getting captured by an ancient cult that cultivates demonic weed with the blood and body parts of sacred ritual sacrifice! We had no Idea just how well received the album would be by all our "buds" out there in the death metal community.
:knockout::knockout::knockout:

May 15, 2002
Well they are one of the founding bands of the genre too and it's said that a critic talking about their sound made up the genre name "death metal." He was very clever lol.

If you want to check out their two best albums (IMO) download Human (my favorite) and Individual Thought Patterns (very close 2nd). I personally like all their albums though.
Definitely. I've heard a few of their albums before but it's their early stuff and I think the crappy production quality made it not so appealing to me (funny coming from someone who listens to black metal- the genre that prides itself on shit production lol). But I'll check out their newer stuff.

Dec 26, 2004
Too extreme to me, BUT I jus went to a Cannibal Corpse concert, as I noticed the new '20 years' box set thats out, so I decided to check em out.
Kick ass show, lucky the sound was really good, so fans were crazy as fuck throughout the show. Mosh pit jus as wild, it paused for a min cause one guy got elbowed in the throat so a lil standoff w/ security in betweeen.
Other than that, one of the top metal show Ive been to. Im always surprised to see a few hot chicks at metal shows like this. Go see it.

DNI

Sicc OG
May 5, 2002
Suffocation

Edit: a few more.

Autopsy
Gorement
God Macabre
Hate Eternal

and of course if you never heard it, Gorguts' Obscura is a masterpiece

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
Rose Funeral
Oceano
Brain Drill
Carnifex
Dance Club Massacre
Suicide Silence
The Faceless
Job For A Cowboy
Six Feet Under
Last House On The Left
Impending Doom
That Should Be Enough For Now

Kyle

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I used to be into alot of death metal, but I'm not really into it anymore, i love grindcore which is similar but I'll keep them seperate...however one of my favourite albums of the last couple years is Portal's 'Outre'....really out-there death metal and one of the only albums that i could apply the word scary to
as DNI said Autopsy is pretty cool stuff if you want old school death metal

Mar 9, 2003
I get really bored of death metal now but I still love to listen to Gorerotted's Only Tools and Corpses album. I still like my fair share of tech/progressive death & brutal death too.

Beneath the Massacre - Evidence of Inequity
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris
The Shattering - The Shattering Begins
The Berzerker - Dissimulate
Organ Harvest - s/t
Prostitute Disfigurement - Deeds of Derangement

Check out the reviews for these albums on http://www.metal-archives.com/

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
never thought i would see that name typed by anybody other than me on this site,haha. good shit

along those same lines (melodic death metal):

insomnium
kalmah
wintersun
children of bodom
norther
dark tranquillity
shallow the sun (more doom metal,but pretty close)
darkane

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i feel bad not putting something american in the mix so i would like to add

Arsis

great bare bones death metal band

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
been into alot of japanese death metal bands lately too.

shadow
blood stain child
lost eden
serpent
sorrow of tranquillity
followbane
dissupres
ares