reason and mpc

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
i jus got reason. i'm doin pretty good with it, cept i don't like the "redrum" in it. i have an mpc 2000 collecting dust in my closet. i was wondering if there was someway i can midi the drum kits that are loaded in redrum into my mpc and bang out my drums on the mpc and sequence it in reason. i also have and axiom 49 controller. preciation. fold.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
well there are wav files of all the seperate drums you can put the ones you like on a floppy or a zip disc (whatever drive your particular MPC has) and put them on there and go to work that way. I'm sure you can use the MPC to control reason but I'm not sure about the other way around I'm not an MPC expert at all. The kits themselves are their won sub file within reason so i don't think you can load those into an MPC but you can make your own kits and assign them to the pads on the MPC the way I said before. I think you can load rex files into the Roland MV8000 though which is really cool IMO if you can

What do you not like about the redrum? Its pretty much an 808 simulator you can do alot with it when you learn the ins and outs of the program. What I like to do is rewire the back and hook the separate channels of the drum machine into individual tracks on the mixer and run effects through the mixers aux inputs and give my samples a different sound. You can also load any wav file in Rex slices into it.

Apr 26, 2002
jayda650 said:
but you can make your own kits and assign them to the pads on the MPC the way I said before.

What do you not like about the redrum?
yeah jayda, i wuz hopin i could do that, jus assign em to tha pads. i'm goin to guitar center to get a couple midi cables and go home and fucc with it some.

i REALLY dont hav a problem with redrum itself, my problem is my axiom 49. when the redrum kit loads to the keys, when i hit the keys, les say the snare might be a thousandth of a second late. i played around with the velocity curve and shit like that, but it doesnt help. i dont even kno if i'm supposed to be fuccin with the velocity curve, cuz i don't kno SHIT about keyboards, so thats the reason. mayne, clean out ur pm box!!! fold.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
go to your prefrences in reason and adjust your latency, that aughta fix it. If you have an MPC though i'd put it to use if i was you if you do your work inside there and use the MPC effects and dynamics and send them through the outs into your daw you might get a better sound. Its at least worth trying

If you have an audio interface you might also trying to sample sounds from reason with your mpc and fuck with them in there. I'm not sure what kind of deiting abilities the old MPs have but that also might be fun to fuck around with