Reason 6

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
does anyone have it and can speak on it? I am putting together a portable pc laptop setup and wanted to use it as my daw. Not really concerned about the lack of vst support, just looking for good sound stability and ease of use. All the stuff for my mac is total overkill and just plan on runnig maschine with a handful of plugins, through a 2x2 scarlet interface. Reason 6 seems like a good choice since i can get the upgrade for cheap and I'm not doing hard core recording anyways.

Mar 11, 2004
i don't have a maschine but i do use reason6 and it seems like its perfect for what ur looking for..if you have never used it it won't take anytime to get use to..its all laid out as if it was a giant studio. you have 3 windows, 1 for your mixer, 1 rack for instruments and other plug ins, and an edit window. I'm not too good with creating/altering sounds but with a basic idea of it and playing around with different knobs its very easy to get what you want. comes with a lot of stock sounds, they arrange the sounds so its easy to find what you are looking for. i have only used protools and reason so i can't really give a overall comparison of other programs but as for the learning curve and the capability of reason i think its a good choice

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
thanks, i have reason 4 but havnt used it in awhile after getting maschine. Im not looking to spend a whole lot of money on daw software since I mostly make beats. If I wouldnt run with reason Id probably mess with a scaled down versian of cubase or something. The audio recording abilities of maschine at this time are extremly limited since its capabilities are more geared as a sampler. Trying to record vocals in maschine would be a bitch and multitracking is not possible. Im hoping maschnes drag and drop audio and midi feature works n reason 6, if it does I dont really need vst support in reason. As long as reason 6 is a full fledged DAW aside from the plugin support, I would be happy with it. One thing I hella liked about reason was the ease in making your own sounds using the combinator, you cant really do that with the maschine.

Mar 11, 2004
yea i like reason..i started on 4 and just love it..i have the balance they made as my audio interface that i use to record my FantomG8 to reason. its perfect for what i do and although I've paid a lot for protools i hardly use it for beats just because i get the same finished product using reason instead. like i said i can't speak on any daw besides protools but reason is my favorite even over that i think. i just really like the ease of it all.