Reason 6

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
propellarhead is always outdoing themselves, They still need to put vst and au support in there too though

Apr 26, 2006
propellarhead is always outdoing themselves, They still need to put vst and au support in there too though
I doubt they ever will. If they didn't do it with Record, then they probably won't ever. Least they can probably do though is release their synth generators and effects as plugins. They'd make a killing if they did IMO. That's a lot of individual plugins they could release. I guess it's a pride thing or something with them, they just want people to stick their own stuff.

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
I think its weird as hell how so many people love Reason 6 but knocked Reason 5 and Record 1.5. This update isn't much different just 3 new fx and one less desktop icon. There isnt much in this update thats not already in Record 1.5 with Reason 5. I am anxious for 64 bit features outside of that I could careless about this and I have been a legit Reason owner since 2.0
They said it quite a few times that this will never happen on their site in the user forums. Besides that it would be suicide for them to do that considering every Reason update is about the new racks inside. If someone has a vst for that then they stand to make less money.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
That makes sense and reasons effects are good anyways, am i reading into this correctly that record is a part of reason now or is it just streamlined audio recording? The effects in record looked nice and i heard the sound you get out of it is nice. If its still a 130 dollar upgrade t definatly sounds worth coppingi

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
That makes sense and reasons effects are good anyways, am i reading into this correctly that record is a part of reason now or is it just streamlined audio recording? The effects in record looked nice and i heard the sound you get out of it is nice. If its still a 130 dollar upgrade t definatly sounds worth coppingi
Reason and Record have always been one program in 1 rack just like they are promoting Reason 6. I work that way now.
motif and reason is all i need
Why the motif? You could use motif refills from ebay for $10.
Looks like they might raise the price on the upgrade though
The upgrade price for people who don't have Record is like 180 if u have Record its $99. Not sure though I have Record and Reason so mine is $99.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i only have reason , i think might fuck with the combo though and do final touches in logic when i gather some extra cash

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Reason and Record have always been one program in 1 rack just like they are promoting Reason 6. I work that way now.

Why the motif? You could use motif refills from ebay for $10.

The upgrade price for people who don't have Record is like 180 if u have Record its $99. Not sure though I have Record and Reason so mine is $99.
lol @ you thinking buying a 10 dollar sound set on ebay is the same as owning a workstation. I use it as more than a sound pallette.

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
lol @ you thinking buying a 10 dollar sound set on ebay is the same as owning a workstation. I use it as more than a sound pallette.
I think owning a hardware workstation in 2011 is overrated to be honest. I know its not the same and thats kinda the point get the samples and create your own stuff with them in whatever software sampler you want and use them to create new sounds. Using them as preset boxes or as a preset replica is retarded in 2011.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I think owning a hardware workstation in 2011 is overrated to be honest. I know its not the same and thats kinda the point get the samples and create your own stuff with them in whatever software sampler you want and use them to create new sounds. Using them as preset boxes or as a preset replica is retarded in 2011.
I can create plenty of new sounds in my motif i just choose not to. Why when there are so many free ones to obtain??????????? I might tweak sounds a little bit but I don't have time to make sounds from scratch. That shit's for nerds who don't have better shit to do. I'll leave that job to you and them. The motif isnt just a workstation its a midi controller, control surface, fx unit, advanced arpeggiator, firewire recording interface etc.....

Not saying I can't do most of that with a pc which i also have I just enjoy having more options and not to mention I'm not strapped down with a meager budget. Who said anything about using it as a preset box or as a preset replica? You're making a lot of assumptions.

Still lol@ you thinking a ten dollar soundset off ebay completely replicates the one found in the motif series.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
what would really be awesome is if propellerhead made a control surface especially for their software

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
what would really be awesome is if propellerhead made a control surface especially for their software
yes it would. something similar to machine for Reason with audio inputs ect.
I can create plenty of new sounds in my motif i just choose not to. Why when there are so many free ones to obtain??????????? I might tweak sounds a little bit but I don't have time to make sounds from scratch. That shit's for nerds who don't have better shit to do. I'll leave that job to you and them. The motif isnt just a workstation its a midi controller, control surface, fx unit, advanced arpeggiator, firewire recording interface etc.....

Not saying I can't do most of that with a pc which i also have I just enjoy having more options and not to mention I'm not strapped down with a meager budget. Who said anything about using it as a preset box or as a preset replica? You're making a lot of assumptions.

Still lol@ you thinking a ten dollar soundset off ebay completely replicates the one found in the motif series.
If you need motif specific sounds thats on you. Honestly I always thought the motif was overrated. But if you think making sounds is a waste of time thats on you. It takes less than 30 seconds to make something decent if you know how your shit works. And who said anything about being strapped for cash? I choose to use Reason because I like Reason. I got a closet full of hardware that I haven't touched in some time. Oh and yes you can replicate the motif sound with those sound banks. A lot of it is knowing what you are doing with sound. I get money from making sounds ain't nothing nerdy about getting paid.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
yes it would. something similar to machine for Reason with audio inputs ect.

If you need motif specific sounds thats on you. Honestly I always thought the motif was overrated. But if you think making sounds is a waste of time thats on you. It takes less than 30 seconds to make something decent if you know how your shit works. And who said anything about being strapped for cash? I choose to use Reason because I like Reason. I got a closet full of hardware that I haven't touched in some time. Oh and yes you can replicate the motif sound with those sound banks. A lot of it is knowing what you are doing with sound. I get money from making sounds ain't nothing nerdy about getting paid.
Look dog I'm not baggin on reason, its my favorite program hands down. Have you ever owned a motif? If not then please explain how it is overrated? By who? Its a workstation and its one of if not the best at what its designed to do. I dont "need" motif specific sounds, like i said the first time I didnt buy the motif as a sound module.

Let me hear some of these amazing 30 second sounds youre creating lol.

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
Whats so amazing about a Motif? I dont have to build amazing sounds to know that a Motif is overrated. And if you'd like to know I did have a classic. Sold it very quickly too. They're good boards but not the best thing ever created. Reason isn't perfect either. All tools have their strengths and weaknesses. To be honest though I'd take Reason over any workstation though.