reason 4

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
there's a reason 4 refill on propellerheads download page up now, but that's the only one I've seen with more Thor patches

Apr 25, 2002
^^ I beg to differ but thats just my opinion... I think the sequencer makes it easier to sequence... Thor is okay, tho I haven't really used it in any of my beats... And as far as the start up patches being in every device... Redrum, NN-XT and etcs... Yeah I hated that too... I had to change the settings on that so every device would be empty with no patches when created..

Jun 6, 2006
i have to agree wit goin back to version 3.....version 4 aint really all that neccasary

and about the default sounds poppin up when u create a synth or redrum..go to yo reason prefrences and turn off that feature...

they fuked up the sequencer in 4...i just liked the fact u can automate time signatures and tempo

Nov 10, 2004
I wish someone would teach me Reason cuz I can't figure that ish out. I like my FL7, easy to use and I'm sicc wit it.

Nov 10, 2004
I do stick with that, but some of my more advanced producer homies give me ish cuz it isn't as "Advanced" as Reason and I could do more with Reason. They like what I do with FL but hatin' on it. LOL I'm hella sick with FL, everytime I make a beat I find out new things I can do with sounds. The options are endless. See, I do alot by ear, I don't know what is the recommended levels for anything. I do it all by ear and FL is an easy platform in my oppinion to do that with.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
^its just that you're used to working with fruity loops. if you give yourself time with reason I'm sure you'll find that its not as complex as you think....

Nov 10, 2004
Yeah that's what I'm thinkin' too but In the meantime, I'm makin' a hit with FL and takin' a shi+ with Reason. I'm so good a FL it's like why learn Reason ya know?

Sep 2, 2007
if you good with fl i say stick with it. Your friends dont know shit cuz when it comes down to it there are features that make fl7 more applicable with pro audio situations. Like for one its easy as hell to track out your individual sounds from fl so that you can drop them into a multi track program like pro tools or cubase for a better mix when you lay out vocals on em. This is especially essential when you are trying to sell your beats to serious recording artists who insist on purchasing tracked out beats. You can also run FL as a vst in any multi tracking program that has VST support but you can do that with reason too. The thing i dont like about reason is it doesnt support vst so you have to use sounds provided by Reasons refillls. VST support should be standard in any pro audio program of any caliber its just as important as midi support. You can even run reasons inside FL7 as a vst via Rewire....ive started a few beats with reason before then rewired them into FL7 so that i could use the VST's i have like spectrosonics atmosphere and trilogy or the nexus vst synth that i cant use inside reason itself. But you have to have a pretty good amount of ram and a decent processor for all of this to work flawlessly and with low latency.

End of the day though its all about making what you got work for you with the tools available.....although a powered multi bit drill will get the job done quicker and at better quality than a regular hand driven screwdriver. If i can make the shit im making with fl7 they aint gonna be ready for me when i get my Motif XS.

Oct 21, 2006
^ With a Motif, do you plan on recording and sequencing in the Motif itself, then recording to Pro Tools? Either way you do it, I've found it takes me 100x longer to make a beat with Motif, Pro Tools, and MPC than it does with FL Studio. And no I'm not one of those people who click everything in in fruity loops, just getting everything set up into patterns and syncing all the tracks up takes me forever.

Sep 2, 2007
Yeah i have had problems tracking out with a triton before and realize its not as simple as the hands on of a computer program but i actually make beats faster with a workstation its just more trouble getting them tracked out and breaking them down the way i want. As far as computer goes I have a blank template for FL7 that i made myself. I Set up everything the way i like it so its easy to just make a 4 or 8 bar loop then break it down in the end when im ready to make it a full songs length.

The sound quality and sequencing capabilities on the Motif alone makes it worth the 2 racks I have to love my girl for...lol....seriously though she gettin a lawsuit settlement and joining the navy soon so i should have a complete studio by next summer haha...