Reading is knowledge

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
i just read fight club , i been obessed with the movie for years

revolutionary suicide by huey p. newton .

peoples history of the united states by howard zinn im currently reading also blood in my eye by gorge l. jackson, and T. Borodulina for On Historical Materialism (Marx, Engels, Lenin) but i been reading the others and need more time to grasp it so i've put it down for now

i also just bought live from death row by mumia abu jamal but i havent cracked it open it

Apr 25, 2002
mao's red book , i read from it daily just a few quote's here and there . i finished blood in my eye and been reading it over but not daily , i also finished live from death row by mumia abu jamal .

i'm finishing up soledad brother , it's sad cause you read his letters from the mid 1960s and he talks about "18 more months i maybe out" and it never happens he dies in there murderd

i just bought the autobiography of assata shakur i should be crackin that open soon

read read read , must learn more

Nov 20, 2006
Currently reading:
Children of Jihad - Jared Cohen
Power, Faith, and Fantasy - Michael Oren
Six Days of War - Michael Oren
In Defense of Israel - John Hagee
The Just War and Jihad - Joseph Hoffmann
Wood Magazine - Home Storage Solutions

Feb 24, 2006
Fiction:

The picture of Dorian Gray- by Oscar Wilde
The mysterious Island- Jules Verne
The food of the Gods- H.G. Wells

nonfiction:
1491:history of the americas before colombus
Lost city of Z
48 laws of power-robert greene

May 15, 2002
I've recently got a job which allows me to do nothing but read. So here's a list of what I've read in the past few months, in order of most to least recommended, though I enjoyed all of them (sorry, no links):

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
The Plague by Albert Camus
Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien (mostly because Nazgul rule)
A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain
The Invisible Man by HG Wells

Frankenstein is one of the best books I've ever read. It's the true definition of a horror story IMO.

I just started 2001: A Space Oddyssey and so far it's pretty cool. Makes a little more sense of the movie.

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
^that's a good list, I read most of them in highschool. Nonetheless, great reads.

My girlfriend gave me this book for my birthday. After reading the first some 100 pages I realized why she did it. Anyways, just pick it up and read it. It's slow in the first couple of pages, but it picks up really fast.

Epigraph

"The sharp edge of a razor is difficult to pass over; thus the wise say the path to Salvation is hard
---Katha-Upanishad

my favorite quote so far in this book is

"It's a toss-up when you decide to leave the beaten track. Many are called but few are chosen."

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
Wisdom comes from being able to put that knowledge to work. It's a lot harder to teach a person about wisdom then it is to transfer knowledge onto them.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
I don't have a ton of time to do much personal reading these days due to having an S ton of reading for school, but I did recently finish a book called "Moonwalking with Einstein" by Joshua Foer

It was pretty dope, about an ordinary guy winning the US Memory challenge. Takes a crazy memory, like memorizing an entire deck of cards. Crazy shit, teaches kind of how it's done.

http://www.amazon.com/Moonwalking-E...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1318780835&sr=1-1