RBX VOWS TO TAKE MUSIC ‘SERIOUSLY’ AS HE ANNOUNCES COMEBACK ALBUM

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 23, 2022
https://hiphopdx.com/news/rbx-announces-comeback-album

by ANDRE ELLINGTON
Published on: Jun 24, 2023, 5:00 AM PDT

RBX has made a declaration that he is going to take full advantage of the opportunity to create new music as he’s preparing to release a comeback album.

The former Death Row Records artist said in a press release that his upcoming album Hibernation Shivers, was inspired by a condition a bear experiences after an intense hibernation — which is representative of his sabbatical from the music industry.

RBX spoke about his altered mental state while giving acknowledgment to Los Angeles production team Sccit and Siavash The Grouch who helped him push through negative feelings to record the project.

“Connecting with Sccit & Siavash was divine intervention,” he said. “I was in a funk when they came to me with the idea to do the album. Shit woke me up. This is the first time I’m really taking music serious. Too many clowns always trying to sell you out, I always stayed away from that. We on some authentic shit.”

Both Sccit and Siavash The Grouch also spoke about their working relationship with the West Coast legend.

“RBX is an innovator in the game and an unsung legend in west coast hip-hop,” Sccit said. “His humility makes it difficult for him to get the shine he deserves in an industry full of snakes and vultures. He was never with the fuckery. So when we started working with X, we quickly realized how bad he was being disrespected by those who were supposed to be closest to him and we made it a personal mission to give him that concentrated effort hip-hop was missing.”

“The Narrator has one of the most unique voices and styles in music,” Siavash The Grouch stated. “We always wanted to give him his flowers and bring attention back to an OG fulla flava like RBX. On this album I feel like we captured the essence of what a west coast record is in an attempt to bring back the art of putting out legit albums.”

On Hibernation Shivers, there will be features from MC Eiht, Project Pat, Spice 1, Ras Kass, Krayzie Bone, and his Dogg Pound brethren Daz Dillinger.

RBX’s single “Nightstalker” featuring Krayzie Bone will be released on July 7. Hibernation Shivers will drop on August 25.

His last offering was 2007’s Broken Silence.

www.instagram.com/p/Ct17FH2Jbma