Ray Luv "Forever Hustlin'" Promo CD - worth anything?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 29, 2006
925 Deep East Bay
I recently came up on this CD. I'm just wondering if it's worth anything.

The gold print on the booklet says "FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY. SALE OR OTHER TRANSFER IS PROHIBITED. MUST BE RETURNED ON DEMAND OF RECORDING COMPANY". The same thing is printed on the disc.

Case&Booklet (the sticker is on the case)

Disc

Jan 6, 2003
I don't think promos are worth anything more than the retail versions as long as the only difference is the stamp. Most collectors would like their CDs to be without any stamp, cuts, holes etc

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
I don't think promos are worth anything more than the retail versions as long as the only difference is the stamp. Most collectors would like their CDs to be without any stamp, cuts, holes etc
Promos are 100x more rare then the retail version and I have no idea why collectors wouldnt want them.

I'm astounded to the fact collectors avoid them like a disease.

It doesnt really make much sense since the collector wants a rare cd but at the same time not all promos are rare.

Its funny I was thinking about this subject a few hours ago and was going to make a thread about it.

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
I picked up the Forever Hustlin' promo cd on eBay for $10 in June of 2005. Forgot I even had it. Haven't really seen it sell for much more.
I had a Young Lay - Black and Dangerous promo I re-listed on ebay about 4-5 times I had a tough time selling.

I was really shocked no one wanted it because it was a promo.

Now I really regret selling it.

Nov 30, 2003
www.kcghostt.com
Before I stopped collecting audio, I was all about collecting promo tapes and cds. I've had quite a few CDs and tapes that were promo versions and when I went to sell them, they didn't even get 1/4 of what the retail version went for. Oh well, I still dig 'em.

tibou

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2007
down with flowjob, why a promo cd should be more rare than a normal ? It's like having hole punch & cut out.
And yes it's 100 times more rare but rare doesn't mean wanted.

Do you know if a autographed cd is more rare than a normal ?

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
down with flowjob, why a promo cd should be more rare than a normal ? It's like having hole punch & cut out.
And yes it's 100 times more rare but rare doesn't mean wanted.

Do you know if a autographed cd is more rare than a normal ?
Man, I have seen some mint cds that were promo's with no puch hole or any markings other then the gold stamp..

Today I purchased an autographed B.O.V - Mass Confusion and the disk is autogrphed and inscribed "Thaks for your support, B.O.V" , this is a rare too but I have a feeling I'm not going to get as much for it as the non-autographed version.