Rare Hints at Killer Instinct 3

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
Again – but this time with Natal functionality.
by Martin Robinson
November 30, 2009 - Rare has been teasing the possibility of a return for Killer Instinct 3 – and is now suggesting a new instalment in the cherished fighting series could utilize the Xbox 360's forthcoming Natal technology.

A third Killer Instinct has been rumoured since the last game was released in 1996, with Rare – a Microsoft owned studio - frequently alluding to the title. Studio head Mark Betteridge has dropped the most explicit hint that a new Killer Instinct game could be on the way in an interview with magazine Games TM.

"It's about timing, and it's about the opportunity creatively and gameplay-wise that it would offer," said Betteridge in an interview picked up by Video Games Daily, "Street Fighter IV looked great and they've done a great job, and I'm a big fan of those products, but with KI we want to do something different rather than go back into that arena."

As to what shape a new take on the series would take, Betteridge implied it would work with Natal, the motion-sensing technology due at the end of next year. "I think it's about doing something different than with a conventional controller," he said.

Could motion controls work on a fighting title, and is this what you want to see Rare working on next? Let us know in the comments below.

Link: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1050125p1.html

They Need TO QUIT BULLSHITIN AND MAKE THIS FUCKIN GAME ALREADY!

Jul 25, 2007
fuck them motion control wii bullshit for a fighting game. I wanna be able to play that shit high as fuck and just sit on my ass. WTF is this BS.

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
Fighting games can't be only motion control they should have both options to keep everybody happy, I sure as hell don't really care to use the motion shit unless everything is fluid and responds correctly it might not be bad. Keep it OG first then worry about the accessories should be the priority.

Apr 25, 2002
www.dreamtdk.com
Fuuuuck any game that involves me having to get up and move around, I'm not gonna wave my hands around or none of that shit, fuck all that, I like to slouch deep in my chair and be borderline in a damn coma with the only movement being my fingers on the control...

May 16, 2002
Fuuuuck any game that involves me having to get up and move around, I'm not gonna wave my hands around or none of that shit, fuck all that, I like to slouch deep in my chair and be borderline in a damn coma with the only movement being my fingers on the control...
i would give you double props if i could.

Nov 14, 2002
KI on the SNES was the shit. I used to beast that game and people playing me, but I'm pretty sure looking back, that you could button mash the fuck out of the D-pad and one or two buttons and combo people with just about any character as long as you mashed in the correct direction.