Rappers are some bullshitters.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 30, 2003
www.kcghostt.com
I was working on KC-Rap.com and the KC-Rap.com online store a while ago and talking to various artists and groups from Kansas City and surrounding areas for product. Out of at least 30 artists/groups, only about 3 actually came through and met up with me. I don't know if they thought I was bullshitting or what, but that is some gay shit. No wonder 90% of these mother fuckers are still broke.

That is all.

Law

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.sickmix.com
welcome to the industry... its all good though, dont ever stop what your doing because there IS a market for what you believe in... for those who miss out thats thier bad not yours... just do you and i know it will come about....

trust me...

Law

Dec 25, 2003
not only rappers, people in general are bullshitters, too many be bluffin for reel......
Thats why Im so better off w/o friends cuz all they do is bullshit & talk nuttin but bullshit...
It's reel tho; it is what it reely is...
My all-time advice is keep doin what youre proud of & what u believe in, stay humble & true, keep all that reel my friend & avoid the bullshitters......

Dec 28, 2008
Stay persistent. Whoever actually showed up and is dealing with you is a start from this point on. I guess shytt like this just takes time.

Good Luck Bro.

May 20, 2006
@GHOSTT

I feel your frustration bruh..... You gotta take this KC scene with an Oz. of salt though..lol..... When I was publishing MoCheez Mag, rappers used to stalk me becuz, "they were the next big thing", coming out of the town. Every artist felt like I owed them the cover of the Mag becuz, "aint' nobody fukkin with them".... lol When I asked for some sample product............. 90% of the time I recieved a burned CDR with perm ink...... I literally had two grocery bags of this BS from guys that felt like I better put them on the next cover of MoCheez. Nevertheless, Tech N9ne, Rich the Factor, Court-Dog, Vell Bakardy, DJ Fresh, Eddie Griffin, and Nelly are the only people that ever graced the cover..... When Murder Dog did the KC cover, Don Juan, Hobo Tone, Young Kev, S2theB, and Court-Dog graced the cover. Mon-E-G was on the cover on my folks mag, Butter. With ALL the artists from the town, who is really ready for that next level of success??????? It's a very, very, very short list....

Nov 30, 2003
www.kcghostt.com
mocheez - Yeah, I hear you. And Hobo Tone was one of the few who actually came through. I'm about burnt out on the KC scene and most rap in general anymore. I couldn't name 1 single that's on the radio or TV right now.

It's not only K.C.

It's not only K.C. artists. I have the same problem with most of these Denver artists and I know these guy's on a personal level. Some cat's say that they're ready, but they really aren't. They don't even want to promote them damn selves and wonder why they never will or haven't made it. They/the artists are their worst enemies and they are either too weeded out, lazy and sometimes down right selfish (Nah, I'll do it on my own attitude) that they can't see past their front door. It's nature man.

Dec 25, 2003
It's not only K.C. artists. I have the same problem with most of these Denver artists and I know these guy's on a personal level. Some cat's say that they're ready, but they really aren't. They don't even want to promote them damn selves and wonder why they never will or haven't made it. They/the artists are their worst enemies and they are either too weeded out, lazy and sometimes down right selfish (Nah, I'll do it on my own attitude) that they can't see past their front door. It's nature man.
Heard the fuck outta that one right there...

Nov 30, 2003
www.kcghostt.com
Yeah, I know it's not just KC artists. I talked to a few artists from the Bay and a couple from St.Louis and other areas and it was the same ol' bullshit every time pretty much. A few emails back and forth, maybe a phone call or two, depending on the artist, then all communication and replies would stop on their end. Back in the 90's and even early 2000's it seemed like everyone was all about promoting themselves and doing anything they could to sell 1 extra unit, especially if they were on an independent level. Seems like now they all expect to just create a little MySpace page or website and have everything happen automatically from there. Nobody wants to grind.

Mar 7, 2009
www.myspace.com
THE PROBLEM IS, THESE RAPPERS FEEL THAT THEY HAVE ALREADY MADE IT BEcAUSE THEY HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF FANBASE, THEIR HEADS AND EGO's GET BIGGER THAN THEIR BODIES WHIcH GIVES THEM THE ATTITUDES TO BELIEVE IF THERE'S NOT ANY MONEY INVOLVED, THEN WHY DO IT!! THE SAME THING THAT YOUR SPEAKING ON IS GOING ON IN ALOT OF OTHER SPOTS, BUT IN ALOT OF DIFFERENT SPOTS OTHER THAN YOURS AND MINE, THERE ARE SOME THAT GET THAT RECOGNITION. THE RADIO STATIONS PLAY WHO THEY WANT TO PLAY AND THE ARTIST REALLY DONT KNOW HOW TO GET THEMSELVES ON THE RADIO. ALSO, THESE RADIO DJ's ARE FULL OF SHIT BEcAUSE THEYRE STUcK ON MAINSTREAM MUSIc AND THAT PUTS ALOT OF SMUT IN THE GAME TOO.

A_DuB

Sicc OG
May 8, 2008
that shit sounds frustrating as hell.... someday i would like to own my own business and do some of the shit yall have done, but hearin shit like this is pretty damn discouraging.... i mean i know theres alot of funny ass people in the industry, but its like theres people out there who got their back when they don't even realize that shit

cali1

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2006
These niggas oughta listen 2 the chorus from "Brand Nubian's Don't Let It Go To Your Head"

'Cause 1 single don't make you a hit
(don't let it got to your head noo)
stay tru to who you are and don't never forget
(don't let it got to your head noo)
keep ya feet on solid ground
(don't let it go to your head noo)
'cause what comes up must come down