Rapper/Singer Tyrese, Ginuwine And Tank Form R & B Group

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 20, 2003
R&B crooner/rapper Tyrese has teamed with Ginuwine, and Tank to form R & B super-group TGT.

Together Tyrese, Ginuwine, and Tank have released an impressive 13 albums and continue to release chart-topping singles.

"With all the support our fans have given us individually over the years for our distinct signature styles, collectively we felt our fans deserved to hear great music in a way that they could never have imagined," Tyrese aka Black Ty said. "I've known these guys for years and they truly are like brothers, so it only felt right to come together as a trio to make history"

Ginuwine labeled the new group "a dream come true" and said the group will reshape R&B music.

"Basically the world of R&B needed a change, and there were only a few chosen that could do it, R&B needed a pick up, R&B needed TGT," Ginuwine said.

TGT can be heard together on the remix to Tank's current single "Please Don't Go," but the newly formed group has new plans for TGT in the future, including an international tour.

The tour, entitled The Shirts Off Tour, will make stops in major American cities including New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Chicago, and Miami this fall.

While on tour TGT will also have auditions to find its fourth member in an American Idol type format.

TGT is currently in the studio now working on their debut album.

Jan 1, 2006
LOL @ Tyrese. I listened to his new album expecting some OK R&B tracks and he starts rapping on the second disc. I never played the album again.

Ginuwine fell off a long time ago. Tank he's still too new to the game.