Rap Video Fest To Hit LA

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
While most indie rap vids are relegated to streaming video or VHS tapes, LA area rap fans will soon have a chance to view them on the big screen. On Friday, August 16 at Lamelle's in Hollywood, Culturama will present a midnight Rap Music Video Festival. Among the videos expected to be shown are :

Abstract Rude - Stop Bitin'
The Nonce - Mix Tapes
MF Doom - Dead Bent
The Jigmastas & Sadat X - Don't Get It Twisted
Mighty Casey - White Girls
Swollen Members & Moka Only - Fuel Injected
Lexicon - Makin' Music
Yaggfu Front - Looking For A Contract
The Coup - Me & Jesus The Pimp
Sole - Bottle Of Humans

Culturama video series creator Peter Agoston explained it this way. "If I wasn't putting it on, I would be the first in line for something like this! Dope videos, you can hardly see on TV in the first place, being played like a real film, it's something that's never been done before and to be a part in that alone is incredibly exciting."

Agoston also said that he expects many of the folks who appear in the videos presented to be in the house that night, including Abstract Rude, Lexicon, DJ Cheapshot, Mighty Casey, People Under The Stairs, various members of Anticon, Sach (formerly of The Nonce) and Yaggfu Front.

For further info about this event or the Culturama video series, visit http://www.culturama.org.