Random Album/Song upload thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Thanks for the Wild Palms link Oro.

Finally got around to giving the Cults full length a proper listen today (just skimmed it on NPR) and damn did they not disappoint at all and I had pretty high expectations for the album to begin with. Really good stuff.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I'm loving both albums, definitely gonna be in my top 10 of the year.

I gotta say I'm disappointed they didn't include Deep Dive, either reworked or the same as the single, that song is soooooo good. Then again the album has a different feel than that upbeatness of Deep Dive so I can understand why they didn't include it.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Asobi Seksu - Perfectly Crystal (2011)

1. Perfectly Crystal
2. Vicious Bears
3. Perfectly Crystal (Beach Fossils / Spirit Animal Remix)
4. Perfectly Crystal (Mirrors' Un Autre Monde Remix)
5. Perfectly Crystal (Xiu Xiu Remix)

Download

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
So when I downloaded that Toro y Moi mix, I forgot to label it, so it got lost within my downloads. Finally got around to looking for it and played it, man, that shit is swag as fuck.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Zombi - Escape Velocity

01. Escape Velocity ( 7:10)
02. Slow Oscillations ( 2:51)
03. Shrunken Heads ( 8:22)
04. DE3 ( 9:02)
05. Time Of Troubles ( 5:39)
Escape Velocity sees ZOMBI return to their roots, using synth and drums to create stirring melodies and moving cadences. Whereas earlier efforts found the band entrenched in Italian horror scores, Escape Velocity finds Zombi con- tinuing their exploration of famed Italian record producer Giorgio Moroder and legendary Kraut Rock icons Neu and Harmonia. The sweeping synth sequences and pulsing rhythms are sometimes dancey, sometimes reflective, but always hypnotic under the watchful eye of this distinguished duo. Escape Velocity’s five ethereal tracks are simply put, celestial music for other worlds.
http://www.mediafire.com/?9wit738cxus823d
or grouprip:
http://www.fileserve.com/file/wudmzEU

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Miracle - Fluid Window (2011, House Anxiety Records)

Tracklisting:
1. The Visitor
2. Sunshine Hall
3. Wild Nights
4. Sunstar
5. Breathe
Miracle is more than the sum of its parts, Deeply, darkly psychedelic as one might anticipate but this is much closer to pop music than the two have ever encountered before. It was never discussed. It just happened. The music of Miracle is an apparition, a leap of faith, an inexplicable birth. As O'Sullivan whispers in 'The Visitor', "You can't see them because your eyes are adjusting". Dreamy vocal arrangements melt into a myriad of harmony over a driving, tranced out ascension of arpeggiating synths. Heavy, woozy beats and immensely detailed programming bind the two worlds. Brought into even more sparkling dimensions with the addition of Dave Cooley, the master-board-wizard behind the likes of J Dilla and Flying Lotus. Whilst refusing to be timestamped, there is a perpetual forward movement to Miracle recalling elements of minimal Techno and 70s Kosmische, although O'Sullivan's distinctive croon leans into lush 80s pop territory.

Machine music has never sounded so human.

The release of Miracle's debut EP is accompanied by a series of reimaginings of its monstrous lead track -'The Visitor'- by a notorious selection of names, including Cologne minimal don The Field, UK bass mistress Ikonika, Oslo's electronic guitar God, Fennesz, and Adeptus, the Legowelt-signed San Fran acid freak behind Kreayshawn's 'Bumpin Bumpin'.
http://www.mediafire.com/?qkuk08wx7yxsmo3

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
for sure. i hadnt listened to any of it before i posted them but the descriptions were interesting enough and there is definitely some good material on them. im gonna research even further and will post anything that seems good. @DIRB never heard of them but im gonna peep it