Random Album/Song upload thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
Jan 14, 2006

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Sadly I don't. They have a self titled full length that came out I think in 2005 and then a EP called Lichen Ears. I haven't really had the time to do a thorough search for them though. If you find either make sure to post them up.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Random bands I've been listening to lately Part 1

Grouper: http://www.myspace.com/grouperrepuorg

A one woman ambient project from Portland, Oregon, Grouper — aka Liz Harris — first appeared with the self released full length CDR Grouper in 2005. Later that year, and then signed to Free Porcupine, Grouper released the critically acclaimed Way Their Crept. From there, a series of recordings were made available, including a 3" CD entitled He Knows in 2006, and the 12" Weird Forest release Wide in 2007. In the meantime, Harris earned extra props from the genre as a whole with her 2006 collaboration album with Xiu Xiu entitled Creepshow. In addition to releasing work on Free Porcupine and Collective Jyrk, Grouper also saw releases on Type Records, who were responsible for the re-release of her groundbreaking Way Their Crept in 2007, as well as her 2008 work, Dragging A Dead Deer Up A Hill
Really, mellow, ambient, spacey music. I've listened to Dragging A Dead Deer Up A Hill a lot lately when just chilling. The only stuff of hers I haven't liked was her stuff with Xiu Xiu and that's because I really can't stand him much.

Grouper - Way Their Crept

Grouper - Wide

Grouper - Tried

Grouper - Cover the Windows and Walls

Grouper - Dragging A Dead Deer Up A Hill

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Random bands I've been listening to lately Part 2

Belong: http://www.myspace.com/belongmusic

Creating glorious sonic landscapes from dense sheets of guitar-generated noise, Belong are a collaboration between guitarist Michael Jones and producer Turk Dietrich (the latter is also a member of Benelli with Joshua Eustis of Telefon Tel Aviv). Drawing influences from My Bloody Valentine, Brian Eno's ambient music, and composer William Basinski, Belong came together in 2002, when Jones and Dietrich started discussing likeminded musical ideas, and in 2004 they began working up material in Dietrich's home studio. Inspired by the symbiotic beauty and decay of their hometown of New Orleans, Belong slowly crafted their debut album, October Language, and released the finished product in early 2006 as their city was still coming to grips with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina (as their label, Carpark Records, said in a press handout, "October Language might be the only record you'll hear from New Orleans this year"). Following the release of October Language, Jones and Dietrich took Belong on the road in the United States and Europe; a second album from the duo is anticipated in 2007.
People either love or hate this type of stuff. I fall into the love part. It's like listening to what kind of muisc Brian Eno would make if he played Shoegaze.

Belong - October Language

Belong - Colorloss Record

Belong - Same Places (Slow version)

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Random bands I've been listening to lately Part 3

Snowman: http://www.myspace.com/thesnowmanempire

Their sound has been described as post punk experimentalism with elements of rockabilly, surf rock and punk blues. Their recordings add odd atmospherics usually described with references to western soundtracks.
Snowman plays really weird, fucked up alternative rock. I think that's the best way I could describe their stuff. They are from Australia but are based out of the UK. I'm still looking for their EP titled Zombies on the Airwaves of Paris if anyone happens upon it.

Snowman - Self Titled

Snowman - The Horse, The Rat and The Swan

Mar 25, 2006