Raiders Pretty In Pink?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 20, 2004
This is at the end of a column written by Mary Buckheit from ESPN. Im not a "Raider Hater", but I found this hilarious.

The world expects us to balance shimmer lip gloss, black boots, blonde beer and red Gatorade. It's no wonder some of us are trying to bring the chic to the tailgate. Mr. Grauel stated that there is added benefit for the female fan to wear her team gear "for both game time and as a fashion item." So with those expectations of fashion-forward come nefarious temptations like my favorite, the Raiders pink polka-dot princess panties.

If this doesn't confirm the notion that no conundrum in life is more complicated than the female sports fan, I'm not sure what will. Go to Raider Image, the official online store of the Oakland Raiders. There, you can purchase these skivvies for just $10.99. The sales line is, "You'll feel like you're on top of the world when you slip on the Womens' Polka Dot Princess Raiders Panty."
From the nation best known for ferocious fans come the official pink polka-dot panty. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. You can't make this stuff up, baby.

Apr 25, 2002
They're WOMENS underwear. Every team has women's underwear with logos on them. Just because the raiders have the most ignorant drunken brawlers in the league doesn't mean the women have to be butch as well. I just don't see why womens underwear with a team's logo on it is funy.

Aug 20, 2004
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
They're WOMENS underwear. Every team has women's underwear with logos on them. Just because the raiders have the most ignorant drunken brawlers in the league doesn't mean the women have to be butch as well. I just don't see why womens underwear with a team's logo on it is funy.
You have no sense of humor, i guess. It is what it is.

Its called irony, people.