RAIDERS IN TALKS WITH CINCY FOE DILLON

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 4, 2003
Playa510 said:
ACTUALLY DILLON IS MORE OF A POWER RUNNING BACK THEN GARNER WHICH IS WHAT THE RAIDERS NEED AND HE HAS SPEED, GARNER CANT BREAK TACKLES THAT GOOD, HES JUST GOOD AT SHAKING PEOPLE, GARNER IS PROBABLY BETTER GOING OUT FOR PASSES THOUGH SO IT ALL DEPENDS WHAT KIND OF SYSTEM THERE IN.

I THINK DILLON IS THE PERFECT RUNNING BACK FOR THE RAIDERS SYSTEM.
yeah I honestly didn't care that Garner left he really wouldnt have been workin great in this new system. But if this trade goes through Dillon is not really expensive..not that Garner was expensive but Dillon comes cheaper$$ than garner

Jan 4, 2003
From ESPN

Talk about a marriage made in Hades. Or, more accurately, in The Black Hole. Sources confirmed Thursday night that the Oakland Raiders' pursuit of Cincinnati tailback Corey Dillon is legitimate and that even owner Al Davis, who characteristically eschews deals for running backs, is fanning the flames. If the Raiders can land the eternally disgruntled Dillon for a low middle-round pick, not the second-rounder Cincinnati wants in return, it could be a bargain for them. Yeah, Dillon is a royal pain, a guy who is never happy. But he certainly fits with the Raiders image and, if he is ignobly dumped by a Bengals team that is actually better on paper than are the Raiders, he might feel he's got something to prove at age 30. From the Oakland standpoint, the franchise needs a power back to run the Norv Turner offense. For years, Turner has been miscast by fans as a passing games guru. In truth, he loves to pound the ball, and all one need do is check out the rushing stats of the tailbacks who have played in his offense in the past. Right now, Tyrone Wheatley and Justin Fargas are the primary tailbacks on the roster, and neither is really of starting caliber at the disparate junctures of their respective careers. By the way, Garrison Hearst is the backup plan for the Raiders, if they can't complete a trade for Dillon. The problem is that Hearst, jettisoned by the 49ers, is drawing interest from other teams as well. ESPN.com has learned that Hearst will visit with Detroit officials on Sunday and Monday as the Lions continue to seek at least a short-term answer to their tailback spot. Hearst, of course, played for Lions coach Steve Mariucci in San Francisco.

Jan 4, 2003
update...

ESPN's John Clayton reports no one should expect a RB Corey Dillon trade to Oakland in the next day or two. The hope is that the Bengals will be flexible in trade discussions with the Raiders that something could be worked out early next week. Momentum is building for the Raiders to acquire Dillon in a trade. Work is quietly being done behind the scenes to broker a deal between the two teams. Still to be worked out is draft choice compensations between the Raiders and Bengals.

Nov 16, 2003
yeah corey dillon is the TRUTH. straight outta franklin highschool, played ball at CAYA junior football. if this happens the raiders would have had the two best RB's to come outta the university of washington in my opinon. napoleon kaufman who didnt do that great in the nfl but he was the truth at UW, and then dillon

Apr 25, 2002
if we can get dillon for cheap, i ain't mad...he's still got some game left in em...at least 3 solid years...then we can swoop a playmaker wit our 2nd pick, and gear up on the D in the later rounds...

RAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BITCH

Jan 4, 2003
yeah he wants to be a raider..he came in with a raider jersey and said he think hes good for Oakland yesterday on his interview at best damn sports show period.

Jan 4, 2003
SnikoDawg said:
so what are we looking at giving up to get dillon?
Well just got some news from a guy who knows his shit...

"I just read a link posted by another member regarding Dillon going to the Raiders for a 3rd round pick, but Cincy is pushing for a 2nd rounder...
Well, that's false.
Corey Dillon will only become an Oakland Raider if it's for nothing more than a 4th round pick. Al will not give up a 3rd round pick for Dillon. He likes Dillon and would like him to be on the team, but not at the expense of a 3rd rounder. If Cincy doesn't move off that offer, which I doubt they will, do not expect Dillon to be a Raider via trade. Sorry, I'm sure you guys weren't wanting to hear that."