Raekwon Talks Kanye & Justin Bieber Collab

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 14, 2010
“It’s definitely gonna happen. When you got these kinda talents merging together to do something exciting, I think it’s something that’s gonna make the fans check it out. I’m big fans of both of these guys. I think, at the end of the day, shorty is a sensation. And [for him] to acknowledge me it makes me feel good that the young generation is checkin’ me out like that. And at the same time it gives me a position to play a big brother in the game. He wants my assistance or whatever he can get it. I respect him, I like his style.”

“Yeezy called me and we gon’ make it pop. At the end of the day we’re all doing our thing in the game and for them to even just have a conversation and just put my name in it it feels good. It feels good to respect what I do and I respect what they do. And we gon’ make a hit. Justin got his own fan base and Me and Yeezy got our own fan base and we gon’ make it happen. We gon’ make a good record.”
http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=88712
damn

X-NINE

Chi-Illinois
Sep 16, 2006
CHICAGO
I don't care about Bieber as he's for the kids. He's making his paper, but this shit gonna hurt Raekwons credibility if he does it, but hey money talks, so I'mma leave it at that

Jul 25, 2007
You know inside Raekwon is like "man fuck all this beiber kanye pop bullshit nigga!" but hey, thats what you gotta do to try and be relevant in the mainstream and get that dough. sell out but he still makes that real underground shit for his true fans.

Oct 1, 2006
What the fyck? The World just keeps getting crazier. I know the record sales are down but this stunt just screams desperation. I thought Raek would be one of the last rappers to sell his own dignity.

Aug 14, 2010
What the fyck? The World just keeps getting crazier. I know the record sales are down but this stunt just screams desperation. I thought Raek would be one of the last rappers to sell his own dignity.
word

anyway my thoughts on the collab are its both a good and bad move on Rae's part

good: because he will be getting exposure so all the kids that like Justin Bieber and Kanye will hear something they probably wouldn't any other way so its expanding his fan base

bad: the fan base he does have is gonna be like "wtf is going on with this" and i doubt he will lose a bunch of fans over this like Kweli did with the Gucci track, but still something weird to see

Oct 1, 2006
good: because he will be getting exposure so all the kids that like Justin Bieber and Kanye will hear something they probably wouldn't any other way so its expanding his fan base
Well, I find it very very unlikely that even a small fraction of the Justin fans, which merely consist of girls aged sixteen and younger, would get into Raekwon's music lol. I don't know about getting fans from Kanye's camp. I think they should collaborate on another occasion.

Premo

Face Scrunched Lookn Rude
Aug 1, 2004
NASWIPP. A subdivision of IKSRTFO
im sure raekwon really gives a half a fuck what any of u think . i bet that paycheck he gets from this in the mail looks lovely . his last album was raw and he delivers nothing but raw everytime . far from a sellout .if hes caught beiber fever then let it be.

let that boy cook .

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Back in the day artists would be shunned for even mentioning some faggot shit like this. When did it become ok to sell out? Fuck hip hop nowadays, I wish people would remain true...

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
This reminds me of this flo rida video I seen with a lil white boy singing. Except reakwon has a lot more credibility to lose over this.

Jul 27, 2009
no need for all the complaining. he aint selling out. so he does a collabo with Kanye and Justin Beiber. its not gonna be on his album and at least the young kids will hear about him. good promo for Shaolin Vs Wu-Tang if you ask me.

Selling out would be making a full on pop album with collabos with pop stars

Sep 17, 2007
Rae never really sounded good on tracks to me unless its some grimey Wu shit. His last album was a slapper, he need to just keep making records like that.