R8R & L-wood Present Stuck In Traffic [FREE 80 MIN MIX]

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Judging from the response on this board that these mixes get on hard copies, ALL artists considering a digital only release of their albums should reconsider and do the CD pressing, like Too Short who only release digitally these days. White Mic from Bored Stiff also recently gave up on the pressure and have just pressed a batch of CDs of his new album LOL. fuck an mp3, real collectors need the real stuff, not just files in a map that drowns along with 100000 other maps on the computer.
totally agree with you. Not only is it great to have a copy in hand but that digital file is only as good as the device you have it on. Computers crash, external's die, iPod/phones get stolen. At least you know you have the back up copy on the shelf at home and can always rip it again....

Jan 6, 2003
Anybody else having problems with playing the CD? I got mine today and tried it on three different CD players but neither could play it -didn't even recognize that it was a CD. Never had any such problems with the other R8R/L-wood mixes. Could this be a manufacturing error?

Jan 6, 2003
I hear the drive tries to find the start info, but it fails, ending up with "no disc" or just --:-- instead of track number and/or total time.

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Anybody else having problems with playing the CD? I got mine today and tried it on three different CD players but neither could play it -didn't even recognize that it was a CD. Never had any such problems with the other R8R/L-wood mixes. Could this be a manufacturing error?
It must be a manufacturer issue. Did the Medicinal Roots CD work for you?

Jan 6, 2003
It must be a manufacturer issue. Did the Medicinal Roots CD work for you?
I tried the traffic CD in my car today and it worked perfectly. Obviously it isn't any manufacturer issue, I guess it's something caused by the CD being a CDR and not a silver disc CD. It gotta be something about small start code differences between CDs and CDRs. I normally don't have any problems playing CDRs but I guess it was bound to come sooner or later since my major CD player is old. I have never experienced this with any of your other cds...

so the solution for me must be to buy a new CD player that can read all CDR formats too.

BTW, the same thing about medicinal roots, none of my CD players recognized it being a CD. Haven't tried it in my car yet but I'm sure that this is an issue between this CDR format and my old CD player.

Jan 6, 2003
Don't worry r8r, it's OK. I'll get a new CD player, and now I have one helluva excuse to get me one pretty soon, don't you think?

Sep 29, 2003
Just played this one today, forgot it was on my hard drive. The weather is about 33 celcius and its perfect weather for this mix. Thanks again guys....I haven't been around much but do you have any other projects released since 9-1-classicx?