R.I.P. Marquan Hinkle

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 16, 2002
www.2coldgraphiks.com
jesse james said:
what happened to ole boy???

RIP youngsta
FLINT
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
By Kim Crawford
[email protected] • 810.766.6242

FLINT - The city's 15th homicide victim of the year, found shot to death early Saturday morning, was a sophomore at Northwestern Academy who was described by school officials as a student in good standing.

The victim, 16-year-old Marquan T. Hinkle, was the son of Matt R. Hinkle, a former member of Flint's famed Dayton Family rap group.

"Matt is a father in pain," said Ray Furlow, a family friend. "He's lost his son."

The Flint Journal was unable to reach his parents and grandparents.

But Northwestern Principal Cheryl Tate described Marquan as having been "well-known and well-liked."

Grief counseling was made available to students Monday morning at the school that Marquan had attended since the seventh grade, said Larry Watkins, director of pupil personnel services for the Flint School District.

Marquan was found by police when they responded to a report of an unattended car at the intersection of Pasadena Avenue and Dupont Street at 12:10 a.m. Saturday. Marquan was lying nearby; he'd been shot in the chest.

Sgt. Michael Angus of the Flint police homicide squad said Monday that there were no new developments in the case.

"I'm hoping people will call me," Angus said about the homicide. "Right now, I have no witnesses."

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Angus at (810) 237-6920.
http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-35/1142349654275730.xml&coll=5