R.I.P. Dave Mirra

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Red Ryda 916

Lakota Sioux
Jun 12, 2004
South Sac/Wounded Knee
R.I.P. Dave Mirra

BMX bike legend Dave Mirra -- who once had the record for the most X Games medals -- has died of an apparent suicide ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Cops say the 41 year old's body was found in his truck in Greenville, North Carolina Thursday with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

We're told he had been in the area visiting with friends.

Mirra leaves a wife and two kids.

Officials tell TMZ Sports cops are investigating the death.

Earlier Thursday, a photo of Mirra and his wife together appeared on Dave's Instagram account with the caption, "My Rock! Thank god."

Mirra hosted 2 seasons of 'Real World/Road Rules Challenge' on MTV -- and was the namesake of several BMX video games.

Mirra also drove for Subaru rally car racing team.

Dave's good friend and fellow BMX legend T.J. Lavin tells us ... "I just wish he would have called me. I would have jumped on a plane in a second. There's always another way. If anyone needs help, just please get it. I feel sick about this."

R.I.P. to a legend

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Dave was the reason my friends and I started riding BMX. Dave was why we rode Haro. Spent countless hours playing Freestyle BMX on PS1 and Freestyle BMX 2 on PS2. I got the PS1 in storage somewhere; gotta dust it off. I remember starting the Woodland Park level and Sublime would be playing and this track playing every time youd bomb down that hill a few levels later

Bet I can still beast on that game like it's yesterday. Dude had everything still going for him. I cant imagine why he'd dome himself. RIP