R.I.P. Bone Skanless

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 7, 2003
FLINT - A Flint rapper known as "Bone Skanless," who had attended his young niece's funeral just two weeks ago, was shot and killed Friday night, while an unidentified woman with him was critically injured.

There was no official confirmation from police, but family members, neighbors and a Flint-area music producer said the victim was Deion J.L. Smith, 32, who performed under the name "Bone Skanless."

Smith was shot at 217 E. Alma Ave. just before 8 p.m.

May 11, 2002
Damn.........RIP. I thought Bone had a cool flow. I was just bumpin Jake The Flake and Flint Thugs the other day.

I know he was in Skanbino Mob......did he ever put any solo's out?

Dec 8, 2005
www.youtube.com
YEAH MY CUZ JUS TOLD ME DAT, I'm from Saginaw were he is from. I remember when he put out his 1st tape ....r.i.p. bone das his original name. he use to roll with Mack da Jacka an Pratts. his 1st tape was like 3 songs.

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
D.RIZZLE said:
YEAH MY CUZ JUS TOLD ME DAT, I'm from Saginaw were he is from. I remember when he put out his 1st tape ....r.i.p. bone das his original name. he use to roll with Mack da Jacka an Pratts. his 1st tape was like 3 songs.
thanks for the backround info.

God Bless & RIP

Feb 11, 2006
Authorities are investigating the recent deaths of two members of the Flint, Mich. rap group Skanibino Mob.

Deion J.L. "Bone Skanless" Smith was gunned down Friday (July 28) in a hail of AK-47 gunfire outside his home on Alma Avenue. The 32-year-old rapper's fellow Skanbino member Marcus Mosley (AKA Young Kee) was found shot to death on Lawndale Avenue near Dayton Street on Monday (July 31).

Although they haven't ruled out a connection between the killings, police cite no evidence linking the crimes. A woman who was with Smith is expected to survive the ordeal, despite being critically wounded.

No arrests have been made in the case. However, authorities impounded a car that matched the description of the vehicle used in Smith's slaying after a man abandoned it at a gas station Sunday morning after seeing police.

Investigators are believed to have information pointing to a suspect in "at least one of the shootings," Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton told the Flint Journal.

Smith survived being shot five times at close range and was acquitted of a murder charge in 2002 in the shooting death of a Flint man. The rapper was on probation for gun possession when he was killed.

The 32-year-old Mosley also ran afoul of the law when he was sentenced to 4 years in prison in 1994 for cocaine possession. In 2001, he was caught with a gun in his waistband during a drug bust, in which police also found $20,000 hidden in a football.

Mosley denied having the gun but was sentenced to a year of probation in 2005.

On July 13, Smith attended a funeral for his 5-year-old niece, NiYauna S. Jones, who was shot and killed by unknown assailants while riding with a relative who was test driving a new car

RIP BONNE AND YOUNG KEE

Sep 16, 2002
www.2coldgraphiks.com
R.I.P.

I been in Flint for the past 2 weeks to bury my grandmother. I couldn't comment on here when it happened cuz no one in my Fam has a internet connection. But I can't believe Bone Skanless is gone. For a while it seemed like dude was untouchable in the streets. The policed has locked down all the strips in Flint since it happened cuz they expectin some retatalion. Bone was one of my fav rappers from Mid-Michigan. He will truly be missed.