R.I.C.O

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
ALRIgHT.... LET'S FINALLY DISCUSS THIS SHIT. WHO KNOWS IN DEPTH(ESPECIALLY YOU CRIMINAL LAW MAJORS AND N-E-BODY THAT'S INTO THE LEgAL SYTEM) ABOUT THE RICO ACT? FOR THOSE OF YOU IgNORANT TO THE TOPIC MATTER, THE R.I.C.O ACT STANDS FOR RACKATEERINg INLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORgANIZATION ACT AND IS A FEDERAL LAW. IT WAS IMPLEMENTED TO FIgHT THE MAFIA AND NOWADAYS IT'S USED TO COMBAT gANgS AND STOP N-E UNITY IN N-E-THANg(IN OTHA WORDS, I CAN'T BE A REAL MUTHA-FUKA FROM THE STREETS AND THEN TRY TO BE LEgIT AND TRY TO HELP MY HOMIES OUT). THEY AIN'T HAVIN' THAT. THERE'S OTHA LAWS WHICH MODEL AFTER THE RICO ACT(DEPENDIN' ON WHAT STATE YOU FROM). N-E-HOW,IN LEgAL CIRCLES IT'S KNOWN AS THE RICO. THE BASIS OF THAT LAW IS THAT TWO PREDICATES MAKE AN ACT.
LET'S CHOP IT UP.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^TAKE YOUR LABEL FOR INSTANCE. IF YOU ASSOCIATE(AND THAT'S THE KEYWORD) WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE "KNOWN" TO DO "CRIMES" OR HAVE SOME KIND OF RECORD, AND YOU ALL CLAIM SOME KIND OF SOMETHIN'(LIKE THE RECORD LABEL OR SOME ENTITY) THEY DEFINE IT AS AN "ENTERPRISE". YOU COULD EASILY gOOgLE THAT SHIT. IN THE LAW(SOME U.S TITLE) IT DEFINES IT. IT HAS IT'S DEFINITION. BUT THEY TRY TO SAY YOU CONSPIRE TO COMMIT CRIMES(TOgETHA) AND ADD A CHARgE OF RACCATEERIN'.

EDIT:

JLMACN, SO IN OTHA WORDS, BEIN' A REAL MUTHA-FUKA FROM THE STREETS MEANS THAT YOU DID YOUR DIRT OR WAS REALLY OUT ON THEM STREETS OR YOU WAS RAISED IN THE HOOD AND ACCUMULATED SOME RECORD(BUT IT'S THE PAST OR WHAT NOT IF YOU OLDER). THAT BEIN' SAID, THEY TRY TO INCRIMINATE YOU WITH THE CRIMES OF OTHAS(SAY YOUR HOMIES DID SOMETHIN' OR ARE ALLEgED OF DOIN' SOMETHIN' THEN YOU gUILTY BY ASSOCIATION, AND ARE TRIED AS SUCH EVEN THOUgH THE PROSECUTION KNOW YOU DIDN'T HAVE NOTHIN' TO DO WITH WHATEVA SPECIFIC INCIDENT).

C

CcytzO_Loc

well i know pretty much what you know.....that its a bullshit way of discriminating against legit means of income by tryin to connect it to crime.....

they recently pulled this shit on the Nuestra Familia (Cali prison gang for dont knows)in what was called Operation Blackwidow they were tryin to connect them to this rapper Sir Dyno who put out an album called G.U.N......according to the feds Dyno's business partner who was funding the album was a member of the N.F. and a big distributer of meth......they claimed the CD was recruiting material and all profits were goin bacc to fund the N.F. and its "terrorist- like" causes.....but the case was real faulty and from what i know Dyno got off and i think the whole case failed but i aint kept up wit it lately.....

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' BOUT. I NEED TO HOLLA AT DYNO'S AND THEM'S PEOPLE AND SO WHAT THE WHOLE CASE REVOLVED AROUND(YES, I'M LOOKIN' AT DIFFERENT CASES TO RESEARCH THE BULLSHIT). IF YOU KNOW SOMEBODY, YOU ALREADY KNOW PLAYA.

C

CcytzO_Loc

look up operation black widow online....i seen some of the actual court files somewhere but i cant remember.....

Feb 8, 2006
RICO is how the law takes down prison or streetgangs. ^^^ Like Ccytzo_Loc said they had an article in Maxim about NF and operation black widow.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
OPERATION BLAK WIDOW IT IS.

I JUST gOT A QUESTION.
HOW IN THE FUK DOES THIS WORLD EXPECT A MAN TO REHABILITATE, IF WHEN HE TRIES TO WALK THE STRAIgHT AND NARROW, THEY TRY TO BRINg HIM DOWN?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
HOW IN THE FUK DOES THIS WORLD EXPECT A MAN TO REHABILITATE, IF WHEN HE TRIES TO WALK THE STRAIgHT AND NARROW, THEY TRY TO BRINg HIM DOWN?
The system is not designed to rehabilitate nor is the focus restorative justice. The system is designed to keep you in the loop once you have entered.

If you want to do some in depth research I can share some info with you that will be of help. What you need to look for are CASE REPORTERS and CASE CITATIONS (but if you have the case citation you'll have the case report)

Here is an example of a citation, and I just made this up:

Peo. v. Washington (2001) 127 C.A.4d 56

Here is what all of that means:

Peo. v. Washington = Case Title (appellant and respondent)
2001 = Year of decision/ruling
127 = Volume of case reporter
C.A. = Reporter symbol (in this case California Appellate is the reporter)
4d = Edition
56 = page where the case opinion starts.

This is how you find cases, and with this info it will be much easier to find what you are looking for. In addition, hit these links. A good place to start would be www.supremecourtus.gov/ and www.findlaw.com/casecode/

and finally:
http://www.ricoact.com/ricoact/nutshell.asp (<--hit this)
http://www.ricoact.com/ricoact/index.asp

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^MY NIgKA. I LOVE YOU CUZZ(THANK YOU). I'VE BEEN TO THE SUPREME COURT LIBRARY A FEW TIMES AND THEY HIP ME TO A FEW THANgS AND I HAVE A FEW CASES CITED. IT'S JUST THE ACTUAL CASE AND LOOKIN' THEM UP. AND DO N-E OF THOSE SITES HAVE CASE LOgS?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
No problem cuzzo.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/casecode/uscodes/18/parts/i/chapters/96/toc.html

The link above is straight from the horses mouth (the united states)

The findlaw link I gave you in the previous reply is all you need for finding casecodes. If there have been rico rulings you should start on that page.

As from what I learned it is a double edged sword, and while the goal was probably to curb stree gangs, it can be applied to those who have never seen the streets or those who may be looking to go straight.

Dec 25, 2003
1. The east coco forums.

2. I still got a line with the old homies. Even though we rarely talk.

Plus everyone who grew up around homeboys has heard DRF, Dyno, etc.

I've been a fan of Sir Dyno for years so to get him on some old gang shit cause he made a 'Norteno' CD hella years ago is bullshit. You listen to his newer music and he was obviously not still on that shit.

Sep 25, 2005
I was under the impression it was initially created to nail mob bosses who were responsible for ordering hits, extortion, etc but could never be connected to any crime because the criminal organization was so layered that the muscle or lower level criminals would be the only ones to take the fall.

Feb 8, 2006
If you make a CD on laundered money that the Feds are investigating you will get looped in to the bigger picture whether your REALLY down for that cause or not. Sucks that one man brought all those dudes down but it happens every day.

Apr 25, 2002
I didn't read all the posts so i might just be repeating what others are saying. but using your example of starting a record label with previous associates, i think you can only be indicted under the RICO act if it can be proven that you are still engaged in criminal activities with the record label. i.e using drug money to fund the label, purchaseing drugs with the label profits. laundering money etc. I think if you are starting the label and actually on the straight and narrow ( doing everything legally) i dont think they can fuck with you