Quinton jackson vs nogueira!!!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2009
Quinton Jackson vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira targeted, UFC 119 or UFC 120 likely
John Morgan, MMAjunkie.com
Jul 1, 4:46 pm EDT

Email Print Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (30-8 MMA, 5-2 UFC) and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (19-3 MMA, 2-0 UFC) have agreed to meet in an upcoming light-heavyweight superfight, though an exact date hasn't been decided for the bout.

Sources close to the competitors told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) verbal agreements are in place but that bout agreements have not been distributed.

And though the fight would appear a perfect headliner for September's UFC 119 event, a source said October UFC 120 or UFC 121 slots are also possibilities.

UFC 119 takes place Sept. 25 in Indianapolis, and UFC 120 takes place Oct. 16 in London. UFC 121, meanwhile, is still in the planning stages but expected in late October or early November.

Jackson, a former UFC light-heavyweight champion, recently returned from a 14-month layoff and dropped a unanimous decision to Rashad Evans at UFC 114. The loss (his first since losing his belt to Forrest Griffin in 2008) followed a knockout victory over Wanderlei Silva and a decision win over Keith Jardine.

Now in need of a quality win to get back in the title picture, Jackson meets a fellow ex-PRIDE star in Nogueira. "Little Nog," the twin brother of former UFC champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, made his UFC debut in 2009 and has since earned a TKO win over Luiz Cane at UFC 106 and a controversial split-decision victory over Jason Brilz and UFC 114.

Although the Brilz victory came with heavy criticism (he won via scores 28-29, 29-28 and 29-28 despite Brilz's impressive showing), Nogueira owns a seven-fight win streak stretching back to his days with Affliction and World Victory Road.

For the latest on UFC 119, UFC 120 and other upcoming cards, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

Check out more UFC News at MMAjunkie.com. This story originally appeared on MMAjunkie.com and is syndicated on Yahoo! Sports as part of a content-partnership deal between the two sites.

Dec 30, 2003
shouldnt Nog be fighting Brilz one more time? if Lil Nog looks the same as he did last fight... Rampage will KO him 1st round, easily. Even if lil nog was in top shape, i dont see him beating rampage.

Sep 22, 2007
Brilz has stated he doesn't wanna fight nog again. Me personally I'd like to see Brilz fight Bader. Awesome fight. This isn't set in stone (Diet Nog Vs. Rampage) but if it is, hell of a fight.

Feb 12, 2006
www.chibangin.com
shouldnt Nog be fighting Brilz one more time? if Lil Nog looks the same as he did last fight... Rampage will KO him 1st round, easily. Even if lil nog was in top shape, i dont see him beating rampage.
lets not pretend quinton looked good in his last fight. once again quinton will be at a disadvantage in the speed category and lil nogs hands are way better than rashads or jardines, quinton hasnt looked great in his recent fights and if he shows up like that he will lose.

RM211

Sicc OG
Feb 10, 2006
C rampage winning in a war! Lil nog has sum mean ass submissions like his brother 2, so quinton needs 2 watch out 4 dat especially.

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
lets not pretend quinton looked good in his last fight. once again quinton will be at a disadvantage in the speed category and lil nogs hands are way better than rashads or jardines, quinton hasnt looked great in his recent fights and if he shows up like that he will lose.
Let's not pretend Jason Brilz is anywhere near as good as Rashad. Nog let Brilz basically tee off on his face at one point in the fight and was beyond exhausted if he lets this fight play out the same he's going unconscious.

Oct 27, 2008
i honestly think rampage vs machida would end like rampage vs rashad. i still think there should be a machida - shogun 3. theyre 1 a piece. & no matter what anybody thinks, their 1st meeting has been reviewed over & over by experts-- & even with the more accurate half-point scoring system in place, machida slightly out-scored shogun.

lyoto got caught in the last one, but who knows what would happen if they fought again? tasting defeat for the 1st time can have a huge impact on a fighters career.. i doubt it will be quite the same machida when we see him in the octagon next.

Jan 2, 2004
Probably Rampage/Forrest 2. Rampage wants a win under his belt on his comeback and that's how he'll get it.. But who's gonna fight machida? Rampage and Rashad both turned the fight down.