Quinn sent to Broncos for Hillis, picks

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 13, 2006
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4995081

Brady Quinn will get a chance to start over in Denver. Whether he'll get to start is up in the air.

The Broncos acquired the former first-round draft pick from the Cleveland Browns for fullback Peyton Hillis, a 2011 sixth-round draft pick and a conditional pick in 2012.

The teams announced the trade Sunday and said the deal is pending physicals.

I hope the competition brings out the best in both. I don't believe Quinn is better than Orton, my 1st thought was Kyle Orton Jr. I'm just hoping the competition is gonna breed success.

Mar 16, 2005
anyone BUT jr is good for the raiders now ^

but, good pickup for the the Donkeys
its not a franchise saving pickup but it is a GREAT pickup for what we gave away, we gave away a 5th string rb/1st fb and 2 future conditionals for a possible starting qb.

Opens up a draft spot this year instead of taking a qb gives freedom to shore up either line and grab wr depth

May 2, 2002
its not a franchise saving pickup but it is a GREAT pickup for what we gave away, we gave away a 5th string rb/1st fb and 2 future conditionals for a possible starting qb.

Opens up a draft spot this year instead of taking a qb gives freedom to shore up either line and grab wr depth
LOL...he wasn't even a 1st FB...more like a 2nd FB/special teams penalty monster!

Good trade for the Broncos....Quinn will be an excellent backup.

McDaniels finally got his QB named Brady!

Mar 16, 2005
LOL...he wasn't even a 1st FB...more like a 2nd FB/special teams penalty monster!

Good trade for the Broncos....Quinn will be an excellent backup.

McDaniels finally got his QB named Brady!

True. Hillis is just dumber then a bag of rocks and never understood the playbook. Maybe in a waterdown vanilla offense he can be decent.

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
Hillis is better in the Mike Alstott/short yardage role than the bloccing FB role....and he doesnt belong in Mcdaniels offense at all.....so the Broncos basically got Quinn for nothing they care about losing....good trade for them.....i bet Brady Quinn starts the first game...

Mar 12, 2010
brady quinn just needs some receivers to throw to and a line to protect it sucks they were stuck with just having cribbs as their only weapon after giving up edwards and losing kellen winslow in free agency. and cribbs even though he is dangerous any time you put the ball in his hands really is only a slot receiver that was forced into a number one spot and could easily be keyed on

May 2, 2002

Yo Scary...when are you Brown-cos ever gonna stop taking our left overs? Where have they gotten you so far? Year after year you keep taking them and year after year you all keep losing...hahaha.

Quinn...aka...Captain Checkdown was HORRIBLE! Any attempt over 10 yards is going deep for him.

I saw him throw two deep balls out of bounds on back to back plays...that was funny.

Mar 12, 2010
Yo Scary...when are you Brown-cos ever gonna stop taking our left overs? Where have they gotten you so far? Year after year you keep taking them and year after year you all keep losing...hahaha.

Quinn...aka...Captain Checkdown was HORRIBLE! Any attempt over 10 yards is going deep for him.

I saw him throw two deep balls out of bounds on back to back plays...that was funny.
The browns are a team i secretly root for and when they started getting rid of or letting go of all their big name receivers i knew it was going to be all bad. quinn or anderson had no one to throw to and their line sucked sure they have cribbs but he is not really what you would call a primary receiver. he is more like someone you hit with a screen and let him work his hips and they didnt really find their running game until they put that kid in there and he used his speed to break some big runs off

May 2, 2002
I've been a Browns fan my whole life so I know what you're saying...but Quinn was there for 3 years and couldn't even win the starting job. And this was when they had Edwards and Winslow.

I even gave him a pass cause Anderson did so well in '07 I thought he deserved a chance again in '08. But Quinn has done NOTHING in the chances he got.

If anyone knows QB's it's Holmgren...and he decided that the team is better off with Seneca and Delhomme...that should tell you all you need to know right there.

Mar 12, 2010
I've been a Browns fan my whole life so I know what you're saying...but Quinn was there for 3 years and couldn't even win the starting job. And this was when they had Edwards and Winslow.

I even gave him a pass cause Anderson did so well in '07 I thought he deserved a chance again in '08. But Quinn has done NOTHING in the chances he got.

If anyone knows QB's it's Holmgren...and he decided that the team is better off with Seneca and Delhomme...that should tell you all you need to know right there.
i really dont think they put much confidence behind quinn and didnt give him much to work with but when it comes to holmgren he knows what he is looking for in qb's and you can say well mangini is the head coach but from what i heard mangini was worried about losing his job so i think he will bend to the man that is HOLMGREN. the other thing is holmgren takes a qb with him from wherever he come from hasselback from greenbay to seattle and now seneca wallace to cleveland so i would expect seneca wallace starting

Mar 16, 2005

hahahaha

thats all this pffense needs him for though os 15 yards and less, its not a spread and go deep offense

Aug 9, 2006
hahahaha

thats all this pffense needs him for though os 15 yards and less, its not a spread and go deep offense
yeah, but you need the threat of the deep pass to keep defenders off your WR..brady quinn has looked horrible there isnt anything to it, if mcdaniels grooms him it will be a surprise, ive watched every brady quinn game....if the pass was 25+ yards down the field it would be out of bounds or a duck...i remember a game he tried to hail mary it and it fell like 10yds+ outta bounds :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

May 2, 2002
^^^

HAHA that's what I'm saying!

Smart guy...but not very accurate. He'll do well against the Lions...but don't expect much from a team with half a defense.