Quick Ipod Question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 30, 2006
i have this screen shown on my ipod right now

and on the website it tells me to charge it for 30 mins..but still the same shit..and it resets and comes back to that picture..i tried reseting it already by holding the menu and select button hella times still same shit...can anyone help thanks..and yes i tried google already

Jun 16, 2008
THIS SHIT HAPPENED TO MY EX CHICKS IPOD
SHE LET THE BATTERY DRAIN TO IT WAS COMPLETLY DEAD
REAL SHIT
SHE HAD TO LET IT CHARGE FOR WHOLE DAY OR 2
SOUNDS WEIRD BUT AFTERWORDS IT WORKED

Feb 15, 2006
put it in disk mode, save your files if you havent already.....if they are backed up then go right ahead to restoring it. then just upload the files again. that usually works, if all else fails.

if it still refuses to charge, your ipod is toast.

Jan 5, 2006
its probably the battery, if you dont keep them topped up they tend to go little by little until theyre drained completely. A new battery shouldnt cost more than 10 bucks if you do it yourself, if you have apple do it i think they charge 50.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
Just buy a battery on ebay it even comes with the tools to open the Ipod and it is really easy to replace. It could also be the logic board though because mine will not work unless it is plugged into the wall so it won't charge the battery. And it does not matter if you keep the battery full or not they die over time no matter what and the common idea is that you should always let it die before you charge it or the battery will die out quicker but I have heard that is also a myth and it really does not matter.

Jan 5, 2006
Just buy a battery on ebay it even comes with the tools to open the Ipod and it is really easy to replace. It could also be the logic board though because mine will not work unless it is plugged into the wall so it won't charge the battery. And it does not matter if you keep the battery full or not they die over time no matter what and the common idea is that you should always let it die before you charge it or the battery will die out quicker but I have heard that is also a myth and it really does not matter.
they last longer if you keep them topped up.. if you let them drain they'll last about half as long.

Nov 5, 2004
For anyone who changed batteries, does it matter if u get a generic one or is it better to stick with an apple one?

I have that same 30 gb video ipod from 2 years ago.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
I put a generic one in my girlfriends 60gb and it has been fine for about a year so I wouldn't worry about it. You can get a higher capacity one too if you get the generic one but just make sure that it says that it will fit in a 30gb video ipod.