question > west got much love 2 east or east got much love 2 west??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
which coast gives props to anotha.. i know both got respect for each other but who hates more??

Apr 25, 2002
No one has more love for each other, love is all good. Its the animosity. I think that right now West Coast rappers got more animosity towards the East Coast, but I think East Coast DJs and fans are some suckers for being brainwashed into the music they listen to thru force on radios and not playing whatever they want and no being open to Westcoast music (not to say our DJs aren't puppets either.)

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Everybody is on the East Coasts jock. All you hear on the radio is East Coast music. So many people sport Yankees hats in every color. Whatever happened to having love for your own state/coast/area? Shit, I'm strictly west coast from LA to the Bay to Sac town and back down. More west coast artists need more exposure.

May 22, 2002
510-341-925
I dont think props are shot either way if a west coast rapper shouts out a rapper from the east its so he can sell records there why do you think jay-z did that izzo shit. so he could sell records in the west

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
Whatever happened to having love for your own state/coast/area?

I dont know. But the eastcoast got love for the westcoast to sell records. The west dont got love cuz the radio dont nothing but eastcoast shit. I wont listen to the radio til that changes.

Apr 26, 2002
has nuttin 2 dew wit tha rappers. it's all got 2 dew wit tha radio stations and music channels (mtv and bet). good example: i jus saw a video frum timbaland and shade sheist. in my opinion it wuz one uv timbalands best beats 2 date. alot uv people that saw tha ish says tha same ish. timbaland even shpittin on that tracc. i saw it once on bet uncut. it hardly gets any exposure cuz i think it's got that west coast nigga shade on their. i think if fagolous or styles or shum wus on that song/video wit tim, than that song would get more airplay. jus my 2 cents propalized. fold.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
^^^^^^^
that's right that shade song is H-O-T, till this day i have not seen it yet at rap-city.. you better believe there not going to play too much, but if was a east coast cat (shit they will be playing it everyday and making it to the top 10 in 106 park).. this shit makes me sick, i hate it so much.. is all good cause i know were the T.R.U musik comez from..

Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
WEST COAST RADIO STATIONS BEEN SUCKING ON THE EAST COAST DICKS FOR YEARS...ALL YOU HERE IS NELLY,PUFF DADDY 'I NEED A GIRL,JA-RULE SINGING,,BY THE END OF THE DAY YOUR BRAINWASHED.....AND ITS NEVER GONNA CHANGE UNLESS PEOPLE START TO SPEAK UP...

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Shit's just like baseball. Everything favors New York Yankees and New York Mets. For example, I was at a game this weekend down in San Diego and the ushers are handing out these ballots to vote on the five greatest plays in baseball history. No doubt they had some good ones on there, but shit like "The Boston Red Sox selling Babe Ruth to the Yankees" and "Lou Gehrig's farewell speech". WHAT DO THOSE HAVE TO DO WITH BASEBALL PLAY? I couldn't figure out why Hack Wilson's 180 RBIs in a year was not on there. But it just shows there is so much favor towards east coast, whether rap, sports, or whatever.

Jul 7, 2002
the only reason they play all the east coast shit on our radio stations is because of the mighty dollar. The people on the east coast PAY the money to have their shit payed on the radio stations. And the guys on the top out here would rather have the money then respect for their own side of the map. IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY FOLKS

May 22, 2002
There are certain ppl who got love for the west - Norega (did tracks w/ spice 1, e 40...)...which si tight....im from the eastcoast and i live their and i find XXL and the source dickryde all the east coast cats way too much...all they expect from east is beats w/ decent lyrics and decent flow, where as the west as also decent lyrics on average, decent beat but extremely tight flows and deliveries...i luv tha west

Jul 25, 2002
everythang is eastcoast dominated.and on the realness, its go b lyke dat till niggas speak up.until niggas start spendin skrill lyke dem east coast niggas spend it.we aint got no exposure bcuz everythangs in new york.if the westcoast had a BET station.or a major music station, then we would get mad play on tv and radio.4-SHO

D.F.W.-The Come Up