Question on High School players tunring pro?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
On MTV they did this little documentary called True Life First Year, and there was this one high school ball player name D'Angelo Collins that was one of the people being interviewed in the documentary. He decided to turn pro right out of high school and didn't get drafted by a NBA Team. However what they said was that once he decides to go pro he relinquishes his right to go to college and play ball.

My question: Does this apply to him going to college for academic purposes? Could he go to college and get an education? Or can he not do that also?

Apr 25, 2002
TRAGIC LOSSES said:
NOT IN THE SPORT HE WENT FOR THE PROS WITH....IF HE WANTS TO TRY ANOTHER SPORT,HE COULD DO THAT...EVEN GET A SCHOLARSHIP....
Damn, thats pretty crazy. I didn't even realize how hard it was to make it to the NBA until I saw that show. The man was the best basketball player in the state of CA, he schooled Amare Stoudamire, however he had one fight in his past that kind of made GM's think a little low of him. I didn't expect the man to not get drafted, I thought talent and potential alone would get him on a roster as an undrafted FA and it didn't even do that.

The risk is incredible for high school ball players trying to go pro, I don't see the harm in playing a year or 2 ball in college like Carmello Anthony did and jump pro. Those agents don't even give you the accurate report on where your suppose to be drafted. He was told that he should expect to be going in the mid to late first round.