Question for those who have released a cd

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 20, 2004
I'm looking for references for a professional studio within a price range suitable for the budget of an underground artist, but I'd like them from those of you that have put out a cd and have your music available to listen to online so I may preview the quality. Please exclude home studios or those done at someone's houses (unless the home studio is pro grade)

Thank you for reading and replying!

Seven

Apr 25, 2002
1. You failed to mention what YOUR price-range is. "Suitable for the budget of an underground artist" could mean anything.

2. As DJ Mark 7 pointed out, you failed to mention WHERE YOU LIVE.

You want answers relevant to your question but you don't provide any relevant information to start from. Amazing.

Also, unless the artist had their music recorded AND mixed at the same studio, you won't get an accurate idea of the quality of that studio.

Don't take this the wrong way but you're not ready to start spending money on this.

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
Sick Wid It said:
1. You failed to mention what YOUR price-range is. "Suitable for the budget of an underground artist" could mean anything.

You want answers relevant to your question but you don't provide any relevant information to start from. Amazing.

Also, unless the artist had their music recorded AND mixed at the same studio, you won't get an accurate idea of the quality of that studio.

Don't take this the wrong way but you're not ready to start spending money on this.
I was thinking the same thing!

Dec 20, 2004
I've noticed that in forums dedicated to rap/hip hop

people with high post counts often criticize others and demonstrate internal frustrations more than provide useful, helpful information. I'm not sayin no names...

7,000+ plus posts**cough cough**
3,000+plus posts**cough cough**

Sick Wid It said:

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah and funny enough but Sick Wid It asked you some questions to try to help you out and you didn't even give him an answer.

Also compared to alot on this board my post count isn't that high lol. I have been on here since 2002 so that is alot of time to make posts. It's like a little over 2 posts a day...so miss me with that bullshit.

Good luck with whatever you are doing...but you asked your question in a forum that doesn't have anything to do with what you want to know at all.

Nuttkace

Dec 20, 2004
Nah, there was more criticism and judgement than an attempt to be helpful.

If you were to ask the same question and I felt you provided limited information, I'd simply reply with questions that pertain to the subject at hand rather than pass judgement on your competence in the subject, complain that the question is asked in the "wrong forum" (big deal!), and other various smart alec remarks. Otherwise I'd simply shut the fuck up and go to the next thread instead of wasting time complaining about someone's method of requesting information.

Nuttkase said:
Yeah and funny enough but Sick Wid It asked you some questions to try to help you out and you didn't even give him an answer.

Also compared to alot on this board my post count isn't that high lol. I have been on here since 2002 so that is alot of time to make posts. It's like a little over 2 posts a day...so miss me with that bullshit.

Good luck with whatever you are doing...but you asked your question in a forum that doesn't have anything to do with what you want to know at all.

Nuttkace

Dec 20, 2004
Thanks for the info. Maybe if I want a pizza delivered I'll use a phone book but for a studio I'm looking for references from artists who have visited the said studio.

Sooooo....

If anybody has any references for any studio regardless of where it is, please let me know. If you dont have any names, your humble silence is much appreciated. Thank you siccness.net

a star impaled said:
southwest fuck off.

if you want to use a pro studio, go look in a phonebook like anyone else would.