QUESTION FOR SACRAMENTO RAP FANS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 29, 2008
WHAT MAKES A CLASSIC SACRAMENTO ALBUM IN 2012??? WHAT DO THE FANS WANT/EXPECT OUT OF A PROJECT??? WITH THESE SAV SICC AND BLEEZO SOLO ALBUMS COMING SOON, WE WOULD LIKE TO GIVE THE FANS THE BEST POSSIBLE PRODUCT.....SO ANYTHING IS APPRECIATED FROM HOW MANY TRACCS YOU EXPECT FROM AN ALBUM, TO PRODUCTION, TO CONTENT (STRICTLY GANGSTA, PARTY TRACCS, MORE LYRICAL SONGS ECT).....FEEDBACC IS APPRECIATED............

Jun 11, 2004
Keep doin what u guys do, u haven't dissapointed yet. Sav and bleez and the whole cway camp already got the most lyrical heat out there. Just drop albums.

And get beta on the beats for at least a couple tracks. Sac rap fans are hungry for that beta production

Just my two cents

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
the production should be very grimy as i feel that's the trademark sound of sac town and the content should be lyrical and gangsta which is what sav and bleezo do anyway.

with the right production these albums will turn out to be classics, look towards phonk beta and g-macc for beats because they are monsters when it comes to producing gangsta rap

Feb 27, 2006
Don't know how many times I've said it now, come with heat like this and it'll be a straight classic. Just release these albums already, the snippet was from 2009!

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Yeah honestly just stick to the formula that made people your fans to begin with. No offense to any of y'all but no one wants to hear club/party tracks from you. Leave that to the youngins, only so many people can spit that authentic siccness shit, C Way is def one of the camps. Just keep it dark & lyrical.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
this was one of my favorite hyphy tracks during that era

[video=youtube;Bm1kP1TWeSM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm1kP1TWeSM[/video]

cant believe its been 5 fucking years tho..

keep it gangsta though, that shit been had me as a fan and still does.

Dec 14, 2011
Sacramento
to be honest i feel someone should bring back the 90's sound i mean ya its old but this new sound isnt better.i feel that most rap fans that were into the old rap are just settling for this new stuff and have no choice but to be contempt cause its the only thing out. i think if someone put out a old school gangsta rap album it might blow up. just my opinion. i know this comment will have alot of people telling me to move on and get with the times but honestly yall prefer this new stuff over the 90's?

Feb 27, 2006
to be honest i feel someone should bring back the 90's sound i mean ya its old but this new sound isnt better.i feel that most rap fans that were into the old rap are just settling for this new stuff and have no choice but to be contempt cause its the only thing out. i think if someone put out a old school gangsta rap album it might blow up. just my opinion. i know this comment will have alot of people telling me to move on and get with the times but honestly yall prefer this new stuff over the 90's?

Can you honestly say though that you've listened to all the 90's rap that's out there? I always come across new material when I dig around for it, so why drop somethin' that's exactly the same? There's enough of it to still go around. Sac-town was legendary in the 90's, it's my fav scene there is, but rather than goin' back to it, why not evolve from it? To me, Sav Sicc & Bleezo are evolved with the flow they deliver, it's unique and you know it's that Sac-town shit when you hear it but with a new twist. I think production is what's lacking at times, there needs to be more variety with the beats and not just the same fool who's making them all the time.

Dec 14, 2011
Sacramento
Can you honestly say though that you've listened to all the 90's rap that's out there? I always come across new material when I dig around for it, so why drop somethin' that's exactly the same? There's enough of it to still go around. Sac-town was legendary in the 90's, it's my fav scene there is, but rather than goin' back to it, why not evolve from it? To me, Sav Sicc & Bleezo are evolved with the flow they deliver, it's unique and you know it's that Sac-town shit when you hear it but with a new twist. I think production is what's lacking at times, there needs to be more variety with the beats and not just the same fool who's making them all the time.
no i am not saying that at all. in fact i said here before that i dont even listen to new rap cause i find old stuff thats new to me all the time. but the guy asked us a question so i gave him my opinion. everyone always brings up "evolve" thats is great and all but not when you are evolving into something worse. production is bad these days lyrics are bad delivery is bad, there is just not substance to the music it just your average cookie cutter generic crap.

Eunuch

Thotlamic Prophet
Feb 19, 2006
Thotronto
i haven't really listened to much music out of this area for longest but anyway, in general, rappers should do what's natural for them and not have some preset formula. like going in there thinking "i need a trap rap song, i need a based music song, i need douche/bro rap club song, i need a khalifa weed song, i need a kanye appeal to pitchfork hipster folks song" just do you.

like what is your expectation of this besides "a classic" you tryna blow big appeal to the masses or you trying to satisfy to core audience or are you just trying to make the best music that's true to you? i guess i'm getting older but i've realized it is getting kinna stagnant and tiring when you have ONE producer do every damn thing. i can understand some folks who are just starting out, its economical to just get your bruh bruh to do it.............but then you got folks who scour soundclick and other shit to get some vybes or johnny julliano beats or even teef them with the tags still in it. i'm rambling here now but basically do what feels normal to you and not forced product.

i'd like to add, for content, talk about things that's true to you or want to speak on and not just cause you feel its a gimmick and need "that one song about state of hiphop" or that "illuminati is taking over" or even "the hood taking me under" cause you wanna make your damn album a swiss army knife and do everything. nah, do whats true to your heart with the creativity and it'll come out less robotic, forced and cheesy.