QUESTION FOR EVERYONE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 15, 2003
Why is it that in LA they play more local artists on the radio and givet hem much more support unlike the two radio stations we have here.
I was down south for a minute and shit tripped me out.
my 51 cents in the bottle

Apr 11, 2003
gooeygraphics.com
i don't know if their local artists are bigger so they get on the radio... or whether they get on the radio and that makes them bigger...

either way, i feel you... i jus moved out here and i got tired of hearin dogpound, nate, wsc, snoop, eastsidaz like the first month out here... the only cat from out here i'm not tired of listenin to is sugafree....

Nov 28, 2002
because both radio stations up here are owned by clear channel and the "local" sound is not what the people want to hear according to clear channel.

Sep 23, 2003
I agree that our radio stations need to show 100 percent more love to local cats, but lately I have been hearing some local stuff on kmel though. like the Team and Keak, but they need to do much better than that. wild 949 aint doing shit for nobody that I know of. I've tried to holla at them before and they aint do shit.

Apr 25, 2002
One reason you find a lot of variety in LA is simple: they got 6 or 7 different stations that play hip hop or a hip hop/r and b format like KMEL plus in some places you get reception from radio stations in diego.