question about wireless access.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

askG

Sicc OG
Nov 19, 2002
so how could i go about connectinging to a wireless network from my laptop if i dont have the user password?i know some people do it but how?i get some usernames when i open all wireless access thorugh my computer but how can i bypass the password?

Jan 23, 2006
not possible or at least not remotely easy, that would defeat the purpose of even putting one on, pretty sure its been done before though but id guess that youd need the knowledge and skills to even fuck with something like that

Apr 23, 2006
get a packet sniffer that works with your computer

kinda hard to find unless you have a mac

but yeah just google packet sniffers or tutorials on how to obtain wifi passwords

wf they have a wpa key then good luck but i think WEP is easier to crack

Mar 20, 2007
I have a 10 MB connection, but I've tweaked it to a 15. My upload speed has never been more than 1.5 MB.

But, when I uploaded that Anjali and Sahara Knite Vid in I-Candy [108 MB] it took literally 4 seconds to upload.

That seems to happen sometimes for some websites. Like burst of fast speed of downloading/uploading in the beginning. But 108 MB in 4 seconds?!

May 1, 2003
thanks for the answers ppl...ill just look for one thats already open.

you can extend your wireless range with a stronger antennae. If you're using the one built into your laptop, you''re only going to see a few. The output power on most of those is low. You can upgrade your antennae. I recommend this.

http://www.data-alliance.net/servlet/the-90/802.11g-USB-802.11b-802.11n/Detail

500mw power. anything stronger and the FCC will be at your house. lol You'll pick up access points you didn't know were in your area. hopefully some open ones.
I'm ordering one next week.