Question about these groups.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
These 3 are touring with PTH, so I guess I will be seeing them in a few weeks whether I like it or not. Im wondering what you guys think of them. I checked some of them out on youtube but I dont really know what I think yet, because they could be totally different live:

Silverstein
The Devil Wears Prada
ill Scarlet

They are all way lighter than Protest, ive gotten that much, haha. Just wondering if its worth my time to show up for them.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I agree with RJ about Silverstein, first two albums are good (don't know about "fucking great") new one sucked. TDWP is pretty good, off their two albums I made a full burnt CDR of songs I really like and I've never heard of ill Scarlet. If that was a typo and you just ment Scarlet the metalcore band from Virgina well then they rule.

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
I've seen tdwp when they came around, they were really good live, so expect goodness from them. I've seen Silverstein at warped tour, so i'm sure they'll be better in a smaller setting. But their new cd has a few good songs...the old ones of course are way better.

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
I like Silverstein's first album a good amount. Been bumping it all week. I'm about to move to their 2nd one. The group's a bit more emo than I usually go "usually" but if a groups got skills, got they got skills. I almost never judge by genre... I hope I like the followup album just as much.

thanks for the responses. i wouldnt have checked groups like this out without you bastards.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Nothing like real screamo either. Not to be a genre nerd (lol) but these are real screamo bands...

http://www.myspace.com/funeraldiner

http://www.myspace.com/raein

http://www.myspace.com/ladecadence

...as you can tell they sound nothing like Silverstein. But in the bastardized term of the word I guess Silverstein would be considered post-hardcore/screamo these days.

Where is Smurf? We need to turn Psilo onto some true emo/screamo lol.

By the way I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, just trying to inform on a very all too common misconception on what emo/screamo really is.

DNI

Sicc OG
May 5, 2002
only heard tdwp, saw 'em at sounds of the underground.. Weren't anything special imo, they kept dedicating songs to jesus christ, Kinda funny considering this was before GWAR came out..

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
haha dont worry, you wont find a bigger genre nerd than me for some other types of music (mostly electronic), true elitism over here as well.. not in a bad way... just saying I get where you're coming from.

I guess I meant whether the music itself is emo/screamo or not (which it isn't officially, and I mostly knew that despite what I labeled it), the lyrics themselves are still emotional-relationship based, and that's what I was saying is a bit different than what I usually go for.

BUT at the same time, I don't know why I said that because I've been down with any type of lyrical presence since the beginning and silverstein isn't even close to as far on the spectrum as ive experimented with in the past. I guess I was drunk and dumb last night.

p.s. oh yeah also I know about Raein. You posted about them *while* i was in Italy last summer and checking the boards, so i got all excited and tried to get as much stuff as possible from them while I was there, hahaha. Mostly to try and be cool with the italians i was hanging out with, but in the end I ended up liking the group. They are split now though i hear?